Author Topic: Notification of someone messaging you on Rootsweb  (Read 489 times)

Offline Marieeliz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Notification of someone messaging you on Rootsweb
« on: Sunday 09 March 14 10:29 GMT (UK) »
I had quite a shock yesterday. I have not been on Rootsweb since 2009. As the reason for my interest was to prepare a family tree for my brother who was 65 in 2010. Unfortunately, he took ill in 2008 and the next couple of years were to painful to consider working on our tree. John died in June 2010. Something else occurred a couple of weeks ago. I was contacted by someone on Ancestry who had a name on their tree similar to one of my family members. This set me off again and I found someone had added a message on Rootsweb to my original query in 2009. The message was posted in 2011 but I did not get an alert. It was a quite thought provoking post. As the person said he had a photograph of my Dad in his orphanage school uniform! He is a relation but did not give any details of how I could get in touch. He has not been on site since then and only posted two messages. I would like this photo as it is obviously more interest to me then him. He is probably of similar age to me 70's as he said his grandfather was my grandfather's brother. How can I get in touch with him please. He, if of similar age to myself, could no longer be around since 2011.
France, Williams, O'Brien

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Notification of someone messaging you on Rootsweb
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 March 14 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marieeliz,

Have you tried to reply to the posting?? Just because the reply was in 2011 it does not mean that they will not get your new reply.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marieeliz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Notification of someone messaging you on Rootsweb
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 March 14 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes Sarah,

I sent a message yesterday. Let you know if I hear anything. I have also re messaged with my e mail address so he could forward a copy of photo. In the original post he said he would try and upload it if he could find out how. Obviously he had difficulty.
France, Williams, O'Brien