Author Topic: Filip Brljevich  (Read 8000 times)

Offline dynelight

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Filip Brljevich
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm sorry for reviving an old post.

I have been looking into my family's ancestry and I haven't have found luck.

In this thread it is mentioned that "Mate BRJLEVICH (BRJLEVIĆ) who gets a mention in the mid-1880's Metković birth registers happens to be a father of twins."

Do you happen to tell me where I can look for the names of those twins? My grandfather had a twin sister... But we don't know their names. My grandfather was also from Metkovic (Or Momici, I am not exactly sure. I think his house was in Momici).

The odd thing is that my grandfather wrote down that his father was called Joseph BRLJEVICH.

I also found a telephone on his old address book, and it had an Anton BRLJEVICH. I don't know if he was a brother or cousin? The address says Australia.

I cannot seem to find information on any of these names... Any help is appretiated!

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hello...

Welcome to the NZ board :)

The twins mentioned are Ivan and Jela BRJLEVICH b.28 Dec 1884

They are the children of Mate BRJLEVIĆ and his wife Mara née MARINOVIĆ

Here is a link to reply no.18 of this thread. It gives a rough translation of and a link to copies of the birth register entries. These copies are on my Dropbox account.

The actual scans of the Metković birth registers are on the FamilySearch website but you need to register to view them. It's free to register.

Here's a link to the Metković resources on FamilySearch

http://www.rootschat.com/links/011mq/

-----

The following link is also mentioned in reply no.18...

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-39403-2067-93

I don't suppose either of the Karrinyup or Wollongong addresses match the Australian address you have.

-----

In your above post you say...

My grandfather had a twin sister... But we don't know their names

...but then in your other post you mention that you're looking for info on your grandfather Stanko BRJLEVICH. So are you now only looking for the name of your grandfather's twin sister.

You mention that the twins were born in 1906-ish which is unfortunate because the online birth records for Metkovic only go up to 1900.

However the Metkovic marriage registers cover from 1779 up to 1920 so you could always work backwards from 1907 and look for a BRJLEVICH to MUSTAPICH marriage. Might lead somewhere.

Speaking of MUSTAPICH, the passenger list you mentioned in your other post says Stanko is a female. Maybe Stanko is the female twin and you're looking for the male... or maybe it's just a clerical error.

The passenger link also says he/she is in transit to Canada. Maybe put a post on the Canada board asking if they can find any mention of him/her.

O Canada
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=166.0

Regards
Beg

Offline Suzy W

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The only way forward is backwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 21:19 BST (UK) »
Just out of interest a couple of graves are listed here with photo's (are they related?)
http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/MariaHazelBrljevich/6810719
TEW family of Leire/Leicester and New Zealand
MERRICKS of Stafford/Birmingham
PENTECOST of Surrey and New Zealand
POTENTIER of France, England and Canada
WATKINS of London and New Zealand
WHITAKER of Guiseley Yorkshire and New Zealand
LYALL, of Dundee, Caithness and New Zealand

And far too many to add

Offline dynelight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 09 June 14 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hello...

Welcome to the NZ board :)

Thanks!

The twins mentioned are Ivan and Jela BRJLEVICH b.28 Dec 1884

They are the children of Mate BRJLEVIĆ and his wife Mara née MARINOVIĆ

Then that's not my grandfather :)

Here is a link to reply no.18 of this thread. It gives a rough translation of and a link to copies of the birth register entries. These copies are on my Dropbox account.

The actual scans of the Metković birth registers are on the FamilySearch website but you need to register to view them. It's free to register.

Here's a link to the Metković resources on FamilySearch

http://www.rootschat.com/links/011mq/

Sadly, my grandfather was born in 1906... :/ So nothing will show on Metkovic's records.

-----

The following link is also mentioned in reply no.18...

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-39403-2067-93

I don't suppose either of the Karrinyup or Wollongong addresses match the Australian address you have.

Anton Brljevich
34 Mahogany  Crt
Karama Darwin N.T.
Australia

Is the full address.

-----

In your above post you say...

My grandfather had a twin sister... But we don't know their names

...but then in your other post you mention that you're looking for info on your grandfather Stanko BRJLEVICH. So are you now only looking for the name of your grandfather's twin sister.

Well I want to know precisely about his relatives and I want to find the link I have with the NZ families families.

You mention that the twins were born in 1906-ish which is unfortunate because the online birth records for Metkovic only go up to 1900.

However the Metkovic marriage registers cover from 1779 up to 1920 so you could always work backwards from 1907 and look for a BRJLEVICH to MUSTAPICH marriage. Might lead somewhere.

Speaking of MUSTAPICH, the passenger list you mentioned in your other post says Stanko is a female. Maybe Stanko is the female twin and you're looking for the male... or maybe it's just a clerical error.

The passenger link also says he/she is in transit to Canada. Maybe put a post on the Canada board asking if they can find any mention of him/her.

O Canada
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=166.0

Regards
Beg

He is a Male :) It was probably inputted incorrectly. We know that he traveled to Canada but we don't know if it was due to friends or relatives.

I will look into your suggestions. Thanks!

Offline dynelight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 09 June 14 04:29 BST (UK) »

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 09 June 14 10:17 BST (UK) »
Quote from: dynelight
This is my grandfather's birth certificate

Hi again...

What a superb document. I do like the look of old certificates.

You must have done something to upset the genealogy gods because not only is your grandfather's birth register not online but the marriage register for his parent's 1899 marriage, mentioned on his birth certificate, is also not online. (Does that make sense?)

Stanislaus's birth certificate says that his parents, Joseph and Magdalena, were married on 13 Nov 1899 in Slivno. This Slivno is presumably the "Slivno (Metković), Dalmatia, Austria now known as Slivno Ravno, Croatia" mentioned on FamilySearch. Unfortunately the only online Slivno Ravno marriage register covers 1908 to 1920. This is a nuisance because the 1899 Croatian marriage register would mention the names of Joseph and Magdalena's parents, namely your g-g-grandparents.

If you're interested in taking this further you can contact the Metković archives and ask how to obtain a copy of Joseph and Magdalena's 1899 marriage certificate. Just send an email from the bottom of the following "Contact Us" page and see where that leads...

State Archives in Dubrovnik
http://www.dad.hr/kontakt.php

KONTAKT OBRAZAC (CONTACT FORM)
Ime i prezime (Name and surname)
E-mail (E-mail)
Adresa (Address)
- not necessary
Grad (City)
- not necessary
Država (Country)
Poruka (Message)

Kontrolni kod
Molimo da upišete kontrolni kod za potvrdu

Control code
Please check that you type the confirmation code

---

If you do decide to send an email ask if they could also look at the 1906 birth register entry adjacent to Stanislaus. You'd assume his twin is either the previous or following entry.

Stanislaus's birth can be found at...

Year 1906
Volume 6
Page 115
Line 70

---

Do you know roughly what time period the Darwin address refers to. If so, maybe ask the Australian board if they can advise. There are some clever people over there...

Australia Fair
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=165.0

Maybe the Anton BRJLEVICH at the Darwin address is the Antonius BRJELIS mentioned on the birth certificate as a godparent. Maybe not :-)

Regards
Beg

Offline dynelight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 09 June 14 18:20 BST (UK) »
Quote from: dynelight
This is my grandfather's birth certificate

Hi again...

What a superb document. I do like the look of old certificates.

You must have done something to upset the genealogy gods because not only is your grandfather's birth register not online but the marriage register for his parent's 1899 marriage, mentioned on his birth certificate, is also not online. (Does that make sense?)

Stanislaus's birth certificate says that his parents, Joseph and Magdalena, were married on 13 Nov 1899 in Slivno. This Slivno is presumably the "Slivno (Metković), Dalmatia, Austria now known as Slivno Ravno, Croatia" mentioned on FamilySearch. Unfortunately the only online Slivno Ravno marriage register covers 1908 to 1920. This is a nuisance because the 1899 Croatian marriage register would mention the names of Joseph and Magdalena's parents, namely your g-g-grandparents.

If you're interested in taking this further you can contact the Metković archives and ask how to obtain a copy of Joseph and Magdalena's 1899 marriage certificate. Just send an email from the bottom of the following "Contact Us" page and see where that leads...

State Archives in Dubrovnik
http://www.dad.hr/kontakt.php

KONTAKT OBRAZAC (CONTACT FORM)
Ime i prezime (Name and surname)
E-mail (E-mail)
Adresa (Address)
- not necessary
Grad (City)
- not necessary
Država (Country)
Poruka (Message)

Kontrolni kod
Molimo da upišete kontrolni kod za potvrdu

Control code
Please check that you type the confirmation code

---

If you do decide to send an email ask if they could also look at the 1906 birth register entry adjacent to Stanislaus. You'd assume his twin is either the previous or following entry.

Stanislaus's birth can be found at...

Year 1906
Volume 6
Page 115
Line 70

---

Do you know roughly what time period the Darwin address refers to. If so, maybe ask the Australian board if they can advise. There are some clever people over there...

Australia Fair
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=165.0

Maybe the Anton BRJLEVICH at the Darwin address is the Antonius BRJELIS mentioned on the birth certificate as a godparent. Maybe not :-)

Regards
Beg

Thanks! Yes it's an impressive document :)
So I told my mother again about Anton and she said he was a cousin of hers but she doesn't know anything else. That means that Stanislaus possibly had another brother, who was Anton's father. It would be wonderful to find out who this person is.

There is an Anton Brljevic in Facebook. I will try to get in touch with him.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Offline judi1951

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 18 July 14 10:19 BST (UK) »
Regarding Ante brljevich in new zealanc I am hiz grandaughter, and would be happy to supply any info wanted.Someone was looking for Anton in Darwin he passed away several years ago.2 of Ante and Katicas children are still alive in New Zealand.

Offline monke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Jesus is The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 20 July 14 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Judi

i'm grand-grand son of Ante Brljevich's brother  :)

I have one picture of them two together in suits.

Their father's name was Ivan and mother Kata.

Can you please send me e-mail on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.