Author Topic: A bit of a puzzle  (Read 29486 times)

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of a puzzle
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello David
            Thank you for that.will take a bit of shifting .need to put the wrong peacocks out to graze.alreadly put sarah whittamore out.the correct peacocks as you say.need more food for thought.
 what gerts me as the ANN or Mary 22nd jan 1832.burial.but after carefull thought.am sticking with the JOHN and MARY.because its states by banns 25.12.1745.and not john and ann by banns.
 if cannot find ann any-where .makes you wonder.did mary call herself ann.as strange both ann and mary are buried 22nd jan 1832.mary was aged 59.wonder did it have age of ann.when died.
 any way David as you say.its down to me.to put in correct peacocks.which thankfully had expert help.given to me.by the way is the Moravian church still in Riseley.and our there any grave-stones of peacocks deaths I wonder.
                         mike
selby.yorkshire.
names.smith.hobman.lazenby.earl.abbey.walton.russell.to name a few.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mike

We have a Johannes Peacock who married Mary Dickins in 1822 at Riseley and is on 1841 census aged 40 with children Vashni 1822, Bela 1827, Evelyn 1830 & Johanes 1831. These children were not baptised in the Bedford Moravian Church and I have not looked yet for their baptisms at Riseley. Johannes was buried Riseley aged 50 on 24 Nov 1849 rather than Bedford Moravian which makes me wonder if he is part of this Peacock Moravian families although the name has been used before in this group.

So all we have is him being born (in Riseley?) in 1799-1801, however we've not found a birth or baptism for him. There was a suggestion that he may have been the Thomas Peacock born 6 Jan 1799 at Riseley, baptised 13 Jan 1799 at Bedford Moravian to parents Thomas & Mary & was a transcription error. I looked at the original Moravian baptism & burial registers yesterday at Beds Archives and the entry is clearly Thomas & not Johannes. Thus I would say he was the replacement for the Thomas born at Riseley and baptised & buried at Bedford Moravian in 1795. The next Thomas Frederick baptised & buried in 1805, was son of Thomas & Ann Peacock. The baptism entries are as David's reply #22 taken from the IGI clearly stating Thomas & Mary & then Thomas & Ann. One odd thing is that on 26 Jan 1832 the burial register has clearly Ann Peacock married age 59 died 22 Jan 1832 at Riseley but someone has written in pencil the name Mary which is the name the NBI says.   

If indeed Thomas & Mary are indeed the same couple as Thomas & Ann then why have a third Thomas born 1805 and we can find no death/burial of the 2nd Thomas. Therefore we are assuming this 2nd Thomas is your Johannes but there is no proof as yet. Other online trees on Ancestry have Johannes as son of Thomas Peacock & Mary Litchfield but they all have wrong birth years for this couple.   

John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello David
             Just seen your reply.this is a quick thank you.as got doctors appointment.will read when come back.as seens nice.and long.
 be back some time after six/tonight.suppect will be late before can sit down.to read.
                             mike
selby.yorkshire.

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello David
          Sorry a bit late in replying to you yet again excellent post.its seems to me.the more would like to go back.and put in correct peacocks.hit a stumbling block.this Johannes seems a tricky item. what with anns.and marys.and thomas. not unsual am getting more .confused.seems to me need to but looking at thomas.instead of johannes peacock.just glad you are kindly looking through your books.
 all can say is thanks. when get some ink.can print every thing been posted. and instead of a book to read at night before got to sleep.dare I READ ALL about my peacock. on second thought better not.will never get to  sleep.be worrying which peacock is in whch field.better to read in the clear daylight.with a strong brew.got two days .resting.hopefully.?so after recharged batteries .may see some light.on my peacocks.my other half is not the slighted intrested in family history.so have to put a soap programme on for her.and .say oh  dear. afraid will have to go on the computer.whilst your watching that.you know do not watch that.methinks best sign off.getting late.so thanks again.for excellent effort.on my behalf.
             mike
selby.yorkshire.

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 28 March 14 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello John and David.
                  This Mainly a very big thank you.for all your hard work.on behalf of myself.do not want to think.gone silent.far from it.but had sad news.that my uncle .daughter sadly died.my brother told me the other day.barry was too upset to ring me.she sadly passed away .just over a fortnight ago.but are both trying to cope in their own way.its very hard.my heart goes out to them both.in the midst of this barry as given our tommy some photos.of the family.to pass on to me. which amazes me.that he can find the will power to look though the.then our tommy has asked me to find out my dads movements in the war.sadly cannot ask.as he died in 2000.my mum in 1995.so am trying to juggle my peacocks.with the moss .and grays.example.mary peacock my aunt married stanley moss.brian moss married into the gray family.
 so hope you understand.if do not post  for awhile.but would love it if david or john.found any-thing should know.its been a splendid journey.with you both
             mike
selby.yorkshire.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Mike,   Sorry to hear about your sad news.

Meanwhile I've found the baptism at Riseley parish church of the children of Johannes & Mary Peacock, blacksmith.
Vashni 1 July 1827, born 16 Jun 1822
Bela 11 Nov 1827
Evelyn 19 Jul 1829
but didn't see baptism of son Johannes 1831

Also at Riseley were baptisms of children of Charles & Flora Warren, glasier
Flora being Flora Peacock daughter of Thomas & Mary/Ann, sister of Johannes
Bani ? 6 July 1824
Elam 25 Dec 1825
Thomas Peacock 5 Aug 1827   
On this last one they were living at Wollaston, Northants

Plus baptisms of children of Charles & Tryphena Smith, butcher of Chelveston, Northants
I think she is the un-named female baptised 8/2/1801, daughter of Thomas & Mary/Ann Peacock
Tryphosa daughter on 5 Aug 1827 age 2 & half years
Louisa also on 5 Aug 1827

Next more baptisms at Bedford Moravian church
13 Jan 1823, born 16/12/1822 Tryphena daughter of Charles & Tryphena Smith; witnesses to this are Thomas & Ann Peacock.
12 Sept 1829 Louisa daughter of Charles & Flora Warren
20 Nov 1831, born 15/10/1831 Charles Henry son of Charles Thomas & Flora Warren
He was buried at Moravian church on 25 Oct 1833 aged 2 years
2 Nov 1834, born 2/10/1834 Rose Ellen daughter of Charles & Flora Warren
27 Dec 1835 born 25/11/1835 Samuel son of (Charles) Thomas & Flora Warren

Also found baptism on 7 Oct 1841 of Mary Emma Warren in Wollaston & she was buried there on 14 Oct 1841 aged 3 months, I assume she's daughter of Charles & Flora. 

I think the above Rose Ellen Warren is the Hellen Warren b 1835 in the household of Johannes & Mary Peacock on the 1841 census living at Riseley, while her parents Charles & Flora are living in Wollaston with Louisa & Samuel. Therefore Johannes Peacock is H/Ellen Warren's uncle & if Flora is child of Thomas & Mary/Ann then so is Johannes. I cannot find Rose Ellen or her parents in 1851 but she marries Ebenezer Chew at Biggleswade in Dec quarter 1856.

John   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hello JOHN
             Thank you so much.you wishs are warmly recieved.will be ringing barry.next week.and his good wife.barry is bearing up.he is a rugby referee.in york.and is hoping to restart.again.not been able to.as you can understand.yours kind words help a lot.as its been hard to know what to say over the phone.one as to be carefull.do not want to bring grief back.
 also John.have not read your post fully.but can see .you have been busy.which is very good of you.
as feel guilty not been able to do any-thing.when  I can .will sit down and read with great intrest.
 have doctors tomorrow again.telling me about the back injection need to have.
 thanks again John.you post brought a nice smile to my face.
           mike
selby.yorkshire.

Offline xpq194z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 03 April 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hello John
            Thank you so much,for your very detailed post.full of information.dread to think .how much time and effort.put in.for me.hope to be able to start picking all the information out in correct order soon..but still a bit painfull.so taking it easy.doctor slapped me on the wrist yesterday.not following orders.he said do you know the meaning of the word.DO NOTHING. oh well could of been worse.
 so have only got as far as mary dickins.not put peacocks before .her yet.so can see am going to be very busy soon.them peacocks will be spreading there wings soon.still find it intresting John.did not see a Baptism for Johannes 1831 ? so thanks again John.you will be pleased to know.when my brother says .to me.you have done well in your research. answer .its not me.its the wonderfull researchers on roots web site.would not know half to facts.in not posted.on that site.
 so do spread the word.to my family in yorkshire where to come.but alas they pass it all on to me.
 what fun eh.
                 mike
selby.yorkshire.