Author Topic: William Williams  (Read 3511 times)

Offline CARIAD2014

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Williams
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 15:11 BST (UK) »
Can i post a warning to those subscribing to Ancestry.Com,i have been searching for Henry Allen (1876)in Lincolnshire,The records that were there stated that he was born in Ireland,Which was wrong having contacted them to set the record straight,i found that several other people had reported it as well but nothing has been done to change it,Please double check everything as i have wasted several weeks searching for the records .
Lesleyx

Offline CARIAD2014

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Val,
Just been looking through the family bible ,there is no mention of William Williams Jr if he was adopted by his Paternal grandmother she came from Abergele so I have traced him to living in Abergele but after that nothing nobody in the family seems to even know about him ,Arthur is different according to records he married Amy Jones in 1937 hope this is the right one if you live near Rhyl you could go the records office and see if the adoption was legal.
Lesley x

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Leslie,
William was adopted by Elizabeth and lived in Rhyl.( or maybe he just lived with her )
Arthur was taken by his mother Grace to live in Abergele, Grace left William Jnr with Elizabeth Grace died of TB and as ELizabeths son William snr died  in France poor Arthur ended up in Dr Barnados as did my mother as her mother Jane, Grace's sister died of TB as well.
So to recap there was Elizabeth's husband  William from Liverpool, they had a son a William who died in France and that William had two sons William and Arthur , I can trace Arthur but not the William who stayed with Elizabeth in Rhyl.
There has been a mention that William worked for the bus company in a Rhyl but that's hear say.
Dr Barnardo's records state Elizabeth kept William and that seems to be what is shown in William's army records he seems to be franticly  looking for Arthur.
Keep me in mind if they show please.
Val x