Author Topic: cooper family /woolman family and /hartshorn family  (Read 13296 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: cooper family /woolman family and /hartshorn family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 May 14 21:00 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi All
been out today and have spoken to a mr Widdorson markfield ashby road markfield ,he knew my mums family .he spoke of one of them he called Bibby Cooper .which i hadnt heard of , turns out it was my uncle walter cooper my grandfathers brother  .ernest cooper born 1907 markfield  which came under market bosworth .they lived  in Number 12  and the rest of the family  lived in Number 11 ashby road markfield .he told me that one of the markfield books had been writen wrong ,the house were he lives ,now was a shop .and also sold petrol .his father was the garage  owner  he had worked on my grandads morgan which i have found the bill for .he also tells me that my grandads family did actully come from wood house eves  leicestershire .sibby cooper whent to live in old house road  copt oak as you go up the hill towards the pub /rest he whent into the navy  he was called the Markfield boxer. there was albert cooper as well and Margreat cooper  wife of albert  she had jane cooper my mums cousion
Danone

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 May 14 09:05 BST (UK) »
How lucky are you  - wow - to be able to find someone who can tell you real facts about your family.
Great.

:)

xin

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 August 16 07:49 BST (UK) »
Hi xinia
It's Steve
Just got my iPad back its been in for repair any just found your message about the hartshorns that are from mums cousion in Leicester Jane hartshorn who married John Pryor barkby I have photos of the family as well that glenise sent me ,if you do find the link to mine let me know I'd love to have another cousion out there ,I have every bit on them Jane wheat to sileby to work for a smith .sarah Pryor she worked for the mason family out in beeston in their pub now a museum .
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 August 16 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi xinia
It's Steve
I'm trying to find your message
Ste

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 August 16 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hello  xxx

sorry    have been out and about.. Now  let me read the query again

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 August 16 19:48 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681180.msg5257329#msg5257329

here is the post I think you meant.. 

Read through when you have time and let me know what and where you are querying   - I will then see if we have a match.

take care and again apologies for lax response

;)
Xin

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 September 16 14:36 BST (UK) »
My mums cousion is on face book were I talk to her her father was John Pryor born great Dalby Leicestershire he married Jane hartshorn born Oakham
John date of birth is 1842 he was farm lab .
Sarah Pryor born 1872 barkby she married John William deacon born 1877 in checketts road Leicester .he was a chimney sweep shoe maker and Sargent in the Leicestershire regiment Sarah worked at barkby grange and also for Mr Mrs mason in their pub called Roland's brewery which is a museum now she was a servant there in 1901 .his name was Edward his wife was  Mary mason (brown) he married her in 1888 .when Sarah married John William deacon  they married 1904 ,they had Constance lily deacon she married my grandad Ernest cooper markfield born 1907 father Joseph cooper born 1875 blacksmith ,he married Mary Helen Massey .john and Jane had glenise deacon she
married a John lee.
Sarah worked for Arthur .j. Kirk at the grange Pryor Sarah 7a 365 1881 Rg11;piece :3181; folio 84 page 8.
59 grange Gaddesby .
But nada email from a Keith Randon some time ago he said barkby grange was once owned by major poaching.
Sarah Pryor servant 18 years old 1891 census
Piece Rg12;piece : 2523 ;folio 91 ;page 14
Free bad
As Arthur stokes Kirk married Elizabeth broughton
Barkby grange
Family living there was
Arthur .s. Kirk
Elizabeth 29 yrs .b. Uffington lincoln
Arthur  age 23 yrs farmers son  .b. Croxton.
George  f age -6 .b ditto
Fred  age 13 yrs old Gaddesby.
Charles 3yrs old barkby.
Herbert .j age 2 yrs old sme
Edward T 6  months old same
Sarah Pryor
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 01 September 16 14:51 BST (UK) »
After Sarah married Constance lily deacon she married mums dad my mum was born 1940's markfield lane Newtown linford Linda cooper she's woolman now married a Colin woolman born Belvoi road Coalville 1930's ?father Thomas Henry Ernest woolman .b. Ashburton Road Hugglescote Coalville Leicester mother vera Elizabeth page born 1913 whitwick .father Hebert page born 1872 Ruddington notts.came to live in whitwick St Mary's Terrs ,thornborough .road and green lane whitwick,
Then Coalville dads father was Ernest John woolman born 1880 turlangton Leicester ,mother fanny woolman (freer )shepshed  moved to the old row bardon hill quarry .then to Ashburton road were grandad was born in 1912.two sons my grandad and Robert George woolman .
Ste

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 02 September 16 10:27 BST (UK) »
Wow -  that's a lot of information, sorted..  Well done

xin