Author Topic: Looking for John William Hall born 1888  (Read 15136 times)

Offline Mazgoef

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John William Hall born 1888
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 04 June 15 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Rochelle
I spoke to my ,mum this morning - she's 86 now. Her maiden name was Elizabeth Jane McCabe. She did write to you grandmother Mary a few times.

There are so many question I would like to ask and I have so many stories for you. My mum can remember Joseph Simpson although she was only a child. He did marry  but mum said he moved to London. She seems to remember Joseph's daughter visiting America probably to his his sister Elizabeth.

When I was 15 in 1968 my family visited. America staying on Long Island with my mums best friend Marie ( she married a GI after the war). Elizabeth Simpson wrote to us asking to visit Muskegon unfortunately we couldn't afford the airfare for all of us, although Elizabeth offered to pay. My mum always regretted not going. But to us just going to America was a huge experience back then.

Did you know Mary had an older brother who stayed in England? My mother lived in Houghton- le - spring as do some the McCabe relatives. There were also Ackley relatives living a short distance from me in a place Quebec co. Durham.
I do have a picture of Hannah which is somewhere in my photo collection I will hunt it out and send it to you when we can e-mail each other .
Maralyn