Author Topic: Robina/Reubena Lochie transported to Australia in 1834  (Read 8640 times)

Offline alleycat61

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robina/Reubena Lochie transported to Australia in 1834
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 16 April 17 23:54 BST (UK) »
Also chinka if you are also on the Hudson line we had a great family reunion 5 years ago and a great book was published...( 2 extra posts complete, hope that does it)

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 17 April 17 00:35 BST (UK) »

I have the book both volumes.I ve been to 2 reunions.Missed the last one 2 years ago .
                    Chinka

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 17 April 17 00:57 BST (UK) »

I ve sent you a personal message.
   Hope it goes through using my ph.
  Found your grandfather in my book

Offline CMSKemp

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 24 December 23 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi to all.
I'm not sure how old this thread is... or if anyone who commented previously still checks here but....
I'm also searching info on Robina (Rubena) Lockie/Lochie married Edward Alders.
I have found some additional info to add to your thread.
In the trial transcripts Robina states she is 15, her father was William a Multurer (collects grain tax) and he was deceased at time of her trial. She also states she was residing with her sister Janet Lochie in Alloa. And prior to being apprehended she had visited her other sister who was being held at the Tolbooth in Stirling. (prision)

I searched prisoners in Stirling in 1833 around her trial dates and the only one matching I found was Mary Lochie alias Henderson.

Mary Lochie in court the panel refused to acknowledge her alias. From what I can find Mary sentenced to 7 years transportation on the Amphitrite

I see from an earlier comment someone had found the extract from the book Horrible Shipwreck. Which does speak of Mary's crime.

Robina had previously committed a crime and spent 2 months in jail in 1832?
When she arrived here (just off the ship) she was assigned to Hannah Goodsir of Botany as a house servant.  She remained in her employ for a few months until 15th July 1835 when Sydney Police took her to Darlinghurst Goal where she was classed as a class 3 convict. I'm not sure exactly of her crime but I think it had something to do with absconding or at least not returning in a timely manner to her employer. From the Goal she was taken back to Parramatta female factory.
From there she was sent to Port Macquarie Female factory.

She married Edward Alders who by then was a free man in Port Macquarie.

I am currently transcribing a medical page from a DR's journal for the time she was sick while on board the George Hibbert.

Christine