Author Topic: robert john bob storey  (Read 1120 times)

Offline flash 68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
robert john bob storey
« on: Thursday 20 March 14 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi all new to here so please forgive the newbee mistakes.I am looking for any desendents of robert john bob storey.He was born in india and mum was ethel edna mary "babs" lang.His dad was thomas mcintosh storey.I would love to contact them because i have personal possesions of bobs including love letters ,medals,and other things.I went to ancestry .com but someone called christopher prevett has a closed profile on this family.can any one help please?

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: robert john bob storey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 March 14 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Can you not contact him through Ancestry to ask about his tree.He might be happy to share information
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 March 14 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul & welcome to Rootschat.
I found two member trees on Ancestry concerning this family.  One owned by Carolyn Harley & one by Gordon Nunn.  I think you can send them a message even though you might not be a member!  Carolyn seems to have a close link to Robert so I would try her first.  How amazing you have these personal effects, I would be thrilled to receive an email such as yours  :)
If you have any trouble contacting these tree owners, let us know as one of us will try for you,

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline flash 68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 March 14 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help.I will try the family trees and contact the people you mentioned.Fingers crossed.
Hi Paul & welcome to Rootschat.
I found two member trees on Ancestry concerning this family.  One owned by Carolyn Harley & one by Gordon Nunn.  I think you can send them a message even though you might not be a member!  Carolyn seems to have a close link to Robert so I would try her first.  How amazing you have these personal effects, I would be thrilled to receive an email such as yours  :)
If you have any trouble contacting these tree owners, let us know as one of us will try for you,

Jane

Offline flash 68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 March 14 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi i am getting tired tonight or maybe ive just tried for years to make contact with any living person.I don't know how other people do there research coz some times its exhilarating and some times draining.If i go onto ancestry and try to message people it takes me to a page to pay a fee.I am so close but cant make contact with george or gordon nunn ,christopher prevett but i have made contact with carolyn harley but she is still researching and is a long distant relative.I have information that robert storey has three children who where born in inverness but i am lost as to where to go next.....can someone help please as i feel time is running out to reunite one of his children with his personal possessions and mums love letters

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 March 14 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Don't despair paul  :)  Rootschatters are good detectives I'm sure we can help, especially for such a good cause!
It is the policy of RoosChat that we don't make mention of possible living persons on here, for privacy reasons.  But we can conduct our research through the personal message (PM) system.
I'll see what I can dig up later today & I'm sure others will help also,

Jane

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 23 March 14 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Paul, I'm very surprised that Carolyn can't give you further information as the name of Robert's wife & the three children are marked as private ( probably still alive) so she must know who they are  :-\
There are 5 trees on Ancestry owned by, Carolyn Harley, Lord Davidson, Gordon Nunn, J Major 943 & your own tree.  I can't find mention of a Chris Prevett?

Jane

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 23 March 14 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Paul, if you want to do your own 'digging' on this I would suggest that you either (1) take out a sub with Scotlands People  http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ where you will find Roberts marriage in 1966 with brides name or (2) ask for a look up on the Scotland page here on RootsChat, with a link back to this first query.  From the marriage you can then find the names of his children & then do a search on electoral rolls to find their current whereabouts.

Jane

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Link to Scotland post -
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681904.msg5263686#msg5263686

take out a sub with Scotlands People

Once you have signed up with SP , you purchase credits to view certificates.
There are limits to what you can view online -
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=554&413

Any certificates outwith those limits would need to be ordered.

If you use the index(free to search) for births on SP there are only 3 Storey births in Inverness, 1966 - 1980 , you can use the "forenames that begin with" tool to find out the first names.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records