Author Topic: Decipher Ellis Island Handwriting  (Read 413 times)

Offline Bikerchick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Decipher Ellis Island Handwriting
« on: Thursday 20 March 14 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

This image is from 13 Nov 1907 and is for Anna Lukowicz.  On it is stated she is 17 and was born in 1896 in Galicia.  The first page of the entry book states her father is Yakim Lukowicz in Zerebki Krol.  On the second page is the cousin she is visiting before heading on to wherever she is going.  This is a new entry for my family tree, so I do not know much about her.  You should be able to view the record online at Ancestry.com in case the image I have is lousy.  I enlarged the image so as to make the writing more easily to decipher.  Sometimes the original image works as well, hence the information for Anna Lukowicz. 

Thank you for your help in this matter.

-Robin
Ostrowski, Sokol, Worochta, Lukowicz, Ternopil, Zverbki Skalat, Ukraine, Poland, Galacia, Carpathian Mountains, River Bug, Barrett, County Tipperary, Scully, Hyland, Cotter, McNamara, Quinn, Clonmel, Cahir, Knockskaugh, Knocknaboha, Catholic

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Decipher Ellis Island Handwriting
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 March 14 00:41 GMT (UK) »
cousin Teresa Fed....(?)
319(?) Houston Str, New York

For anyone else looking, the arrival date is indexed by Ancestry as 19 November 1913, and the ship is Grosser Kurfurst, from Bremen.

The Ancestry image is only slightly better than Ellis Island.  :(