Author Topic: Margaret Beggs  (Read 5499 times)

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Beggs
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 March 15 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peggy

Just back from a few days away.  I am delighted that you continue to make progress and I am glad to have been of help.

Regards

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Beggs
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 July 15 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
It seems that I have made a mistake regarding Margaret Waddell nee Beggs.  The family tree that I had from Maryland said that Margaret married William John Wright and had a son William John Wright. Margaret was born July 13, 1796. Possibly Brookfield as that is where her nearest older brother Robert was born. 
Anyway, in Robert's will he leaves money to his brother-in-law James Waddell. I concluded that Margaret had remarried to James Waddell, as she is Robert's only sister.  However, I now realize that since Robert's wife was Jane Waddell, James could be Jane's brother. So have spent many, many hours looking for Margaret and James Waddell to no avail. Lately, I have also spent many, many hours looking for the marriage of Margaret Beggs to William John Wright, the birth of their son, and the deaths of both Margaret Wright and William John Wright, to no avail. I did find the deaths of a couple  named William Wright, wife Margaret, in Kilkeel, but have no idea if it is them. It is not their area. William died in 1872 and Margaret Nov 7, 1876. 
Can anyone shed any light on William John Wright and Margaret Beggs?
Thank you
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland