Author Topic: Picton and Llanasa(ph)  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Kitch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Picton and Llanasa(ph)
« on: Thursday 23 June 05 20:11 BST (UK) »
Does anyone live in either of these places that could tell me something about them.I have recently discovered that I have ancestors from 1720 who lived in Llanasa, Picton.New Market and Hanen.If someone was buried at Picton which is the most likely churchyard? I hope to visit the area soon so would like to have a general idea of the area first. The names are unfortunately---Jones and Price---oh dear!!  The earliest buriel would have been 1777 of John Price. There were also several children whom I suspect might have died very young.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks
Ann.
Griffith   Chester.
Woosnam   Mid Wales.
Kitchen   Liverpool.
Drummond   Liverpool, Wallasey and Birkenhead.

Offline Eldon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
Re: Picton and Llanasa(ph)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Kitch,
Llanasa is a very old village and the church records will probably be your first start. Picton is a Township with lots of homes in an area. The Welsh Primary school is there, next to the public cemetry, but that has only been in use over the 1900's. Picton is quite close to Llanasa.
New Market is now known by its welsh name of Trelawnyd.
It has its own church built and I am guessing about 1870's. Previous to that, the main church would be Dyserth about 3 miles away and before that it would be Rhuddlan
Hanen: I have never heard of this place and cannot think of an alternative name.
The Church records would be at Hawarden record office with a duplicate set at Ruthin record office.
Good Luck>...Eldon.
Hill in Tavistock, Twose and Coles in Halberton, Flower in Havant and Wells.
Negus in Polebrook  Jones in Kingswinford, Phillips in Chirk, Dodd in Cheshire

Offline Kitch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Picton and Llanasa(ph)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 June 05 12:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Eldon for taking the trouble to reply to my message. That is very helpful, and I hope to visit soon as I don't live all that far away.
Cheers.
Ann.
Griffith   Chester.
Woosnam   Mid Wales.
Kitchen   Liverpool.
Drummond   Liverpool, Wallasey and Birkenhead.