Author Topic: Florence Alice Sayer/Alice Moore  (Read 456 times)

Offline soclaxpm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Florence Alice Sayer/Alice Moore
« on: Friday 04 April 14 19:41 BST (UK) »
I have had luck in the past few times in posting and now I am hoping will get  help again in which direction to go in
My Aunt was Florence Annie Sayer   she married her step father in 1918  3 weeks after her mother died   Florence married Harry M Carr in  Killingholme Lincolnshire When she married her step father she registered the marriage as Florence Alice Sayer
In searching I found her death certificate that listed a son J G Carr and Harrys death a E W Carr
Took alot of searching and some help of some one on this web site  I found these children along with several others  6   I ordered the birth certificates  their births were registerd to a ALice Moore  from 1920-1930  no father  mentioned I know these are the correct children as i located Obit notices of Florence and Harry
In 1931  there was another child born   he died shortly after birth  he was rediatered to a Flroecne Alice Carr  nee sayer and a harry M Carr
Over the years  I have searched ... I finally have made some contact with the  grandchildren of Harry .. they were not aware of a marriage to a Florence A Sayer .. they were told that  the children were born to a Alice Moore   and Harry was not married to her   
The mystery deeps  why wre 6 children born to a Alice Moore and then in 1931 a child to Florence
Florence was registered as the widow of Harry M Carr on his death certificate and Harry on Florence death certificate
I  was told Alice Moore had a sister Asnetha  both lived in the Glandford Briggs area Lincolnshire
Glandford Briggs  is where  harry and Florence lived
Alice was listed as a House keeper
I found a family in Glanford Briggs  in 1911   Moore  with Children  Alice and Asnetha  ALice born 1892
My question how can I found out if Alice and Florence are two seperate people or the same person  ... I was fold Alice died in the home of J G Carr  that is were Florence died
I have Florence death certificate  1957  but have not found a Alice Moore death
Florence died in Scunthorpe
The family lived in Gandford Briggs area  till   approx 1935 then to Grimsby
Last known address is 4 a First Street Frimsby
Does any one have any insite wo the tangle of this family

Thank you  Karen
Sayer,Barnes,Markwick,Goldup, Morley,Diwell,Graham

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Alice Sayer/Alice Moore
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 April 14 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,

What a very intriguing mystery!

Was it the grandchildren of Alice MOORE who told you she had a sister name Asnetha? Do you know how they know this?   Wondering if at some point they also found that Census for Alice MOORE, and presumed it to be their grandmother?

if you're on good terms with the grandchildren, perhaps there are photographs of their Alice MOORE and if you have some of your Florence Annie SAYERS, they could be compared?

Edit: add:
Asenath Mary MOORE, registered Mar Qtr 1900, Grimsby
Parents: John Henry MOORE and Asenath Mary MOORE.
Seems she never married and died 1980, registered Caistor, dob 23 Dec 1899
Census states she was born Immingham, as was her older sister Alice.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline soclaxpm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Alice Sayer/Alice Moore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 April 14 00:46 BST (UK) »
I have only just been incontact with the grandchildren  One is going to send me photos over the weekend that was my first thought  .. I have photos but not sure if it is of Florence  I think there is one bu not 100% as noe one wrote on the back of the photos .
  I did ask what the height and colouring of the people involved   they are dark head and short in stature which is what the Sayer line was
I was the one that found the Alice Moore and Asnetha  on the 1911 census
According to the grandchild   they remember Aunt Asnetha ( Aunt Cens)
Such a mystery  I wounder if I will ever really know

There is one  of the children still alive but he is not in good health and they are not sure how much he really rememebrs

Thanks for reading and replying
Karen
Sayer,Barnes,Markwick,Goldup, Morley,Diwell,Graham