Author Topic: Sinel  (Read 1359 times)

Offline kiwistar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sinel
« on: Wednesday 16 April 14 01:37 BST (UK) »
 Hi all I need help again!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Was wondering if anyone could help me track down Jacques Sinel B: AB 1655 D AB 1730 I don't have his wifes name but I have him having a son Phillipe Sinel B 1682 in  Conde-sur-vire Normanby D 24 Aug 1732  He married Guillemette Michel B  8 Mar 1698 in  Phelan-Le Petit Cotes-D'Amor Bretagne France  D 14 Jan 1731 in  Cone-sur Vire Normanby France.......Philipe had 2 son's one being Jean sinel B 1730 who I have been able to trace but his brother Jean Phillipe Sinel B 1729? Who I have married to Marie Le Servet I am a little confused with dates for both of them and their children as I have found conflicting ones.   I would also love to find the wife of Jacques Sinel.   I am in Australia and this is my direct line, and am finding it extremely difficult to trace, I do not sadly speak French but am able to get things translated via a friend...Any help would be gratefully accepted and amazing

Sally
ellis...sinel...wardropper...griffin

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sinel
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 07:57 BST (UK) »
one of these trees has a Jaques Sinel marrying a Francois Papillon  - no year  . but before a Marie Sinel b 1734 in the tree ...a little confusing
all are in Conde sur Vire ,Manche,Normandie
http://en.geneanet.org/search/?page_size=20&ressource=arbre&vplist%5Bname%5D=&name=sinel&nbindi=&country=FRA&region=NOR&subregion=&place=conde+sur+vire&annee_debut=1650&annee_fin=1750&source=&sub_frm534e27d163f6b.x=24&sub_frm534e27d163f6b.y=8&ajax_ok=1
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline kiwistar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 10:00 BST (UK) »
Yes indeed incredibly confusing that's why I thought I would pop a post up!!! I feel the post is confusing enough :)........My brain is a little worse for wear trying to work it all out.....Thanks and I will check that tree out

Sally

Offline kiwistar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 14:35 BST (UK) »
Just wondering how I would be able to access archives of cemeteries in Conde-sur-vire Normandy ....I can't seem to find any cemeteries that you are able to research on... I am possibly looking in the wrong place but I have googled every possible combination.  I know that one of the Sinels went to Jersey from Bayeux but the rest of the family seemed to be in the department of Manche....If there is some archive site I would be so very grateful to be pointed in the right direction,  slowly going out of my tiny mind as the translation is doing me in although am getting better by the minute

In anticipation and fingers crossed
Sally

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 22:55 BST (UK) »
You can find parish burial records but actual cemetery records are less likely - and graves older than 100 years tend not to survive as the ground is reused. There would have only been one (parish) cemetery that they used.

This is the departmental site which has parish records on
http://recherche.archives.manche.fr/

Looking at the originals, I can see:

burial of Phillipe Sinel aged 50, 24 August 1732

a Jean Sinel m. Adrianne Pastavel (not sure on her surname), 13 Jan 1731
this man was the son of Jacques Sinel and Francoise Papillion.  Brother? (although could be half-brother)

a baptism of a Jean Sinel, 14 Jan 1731 (son of Phillipe and Guillemette).
the burial of Guillemette Michel, wife of Phillipe Sinel, aged 34,  the same day.

the burial of Jacques Sinel, aged 75, 16 Jan 1730 (son Jean mentioned)

the baptism of Jean Phillipe Sinel, 24 June 1729 (son of Phillipe and Guillemette).

There are records for the 1680s but I had a look and they're fairly difficult to read and torn/damaged in places - have a look at them and you'll understand why it's hard to get further back!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kiwistar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 April 14 00:20 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much I will have a look at the records...I really appreciate what you have done as it confirms a couple of things...great work and again thankyou

Kind regards
Sally

Offline kiwistar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 01 May 14 12:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Jorose

WOW is all I can say about those records!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing.  Have been able to add around 7 people to my tree with the help of my cousin in England and one here.  Once you get into the swing of things its quite easy to follow.  It's just where to start.  I am amazed at being able to actually look at documents written in the 1500's........my eyeballs are on stalks but worth every bottle of eye drops that I will buy to relieve them so a huge thankyou....Garstonite made contact with someone off that site that was a great help and found the main record so thanks for that as well!!!!!!!!!

Sally

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 May 14 13:24 BST (UK) »
Great news ...pleased for you Sally - it`s a great feeling when you get connections ..
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford