Author Topic: any info on Great great grandmother.  (Read 8336 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: any info on Great great grandmother.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 May 14 17:12 BST (UK) »
I think it is the same Mary because she was baptized as a Roman Catholic and they used the latin names i.e Maria.

Yes, I was about to say the same thing - any Mary would have been Maria in the Roman Catholic register, because of the use of Latin.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 May 14 20:35 BST (UK) »
Helwil so this is how i see it.

Mary/Maria my Gt x2 grandmother is daughter of John/Joannis and Elizabeth/Annae so they are my Gt x3 grandparents. James/Jacobus is her brother your Gt x2 grandfather. So we share John and Elizabeth as gt x3? I am not very good at working out relationships.

I know lots about Mary after her marriage to George Redman. Their son William is my Gt x1 and my father also William is William's grandson. I was a Redman until marriage. Does this make sense. I mainly focused on Redman males. All Mary's children were C of E. If you want to know anything please contact me. She had some interesting children!

Thanks to all of you who have replied to this thread.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline helwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 14:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info.I agree with your working out.Would you like me to share John(Joannis)'s Willcox/Willcocks ancestors ,i have them going back to 1600s on the Nyren and Newland arms but have got stuck on the Willcocks arm with Joseph Willcocks born circa 1720 who is John 's grandfather?

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:29 BST (UK) »
 Helwil, would be interested in  anything you can give me. I would love to repay flavour. So anything you want on Mary just ask.

Jane

Offline helwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 June 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
John Willcocks(1781-1858)who married Elizabeth Newington is the son of James Willcocks(baptised RC 21/6/1747 Slindon)
This James Willcocks married Susan Nyren(baptised Eartham 9/1/1737) in 1774 Slindon.
James Willcocks is the son of Joseph Willcocks.
That is as far as I've got with Willcocks.James had a  brother John (bp 1749 RC Slindon)
There is an interesting obituary re Mrs Mary Willcox who died 1832 Slindon in the "Gentlemans's Magazine and Historical Chronicle 1832.I can't work out if this is John's wife or Joseph's.
Susan Nyren is the daughter of Richard Nyren and Susannah Newland and brother of Richard Nyren -a famous cricketer.Susannah Newland is a sister of Richard ,Adam and John Newland also famous cricketers.You can just google them.

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 June 14 15:55 BST (UK) »
Wow Helwill,

You have done well and thanks for letting me know.  I goggled  Richard Nyren but am a bit confused.  It says he was nephew of   Susanna, Richard ,John and Adam Newland of  Slindon cricketers who coached him.  So did Richard Nyren marry Susannah his niece and father Susan?  It says Richard Nyren married a Frances Pennicud.

Have I got this all wrong?  Quite possibly!   

Offline helwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 June 14 17:22 BST (UK) »
Richard Nyren  m.Susannah Newland.Susannah's bros.were Richard ,John and Adam Newland

Richard  Nyren and Susannah had Susan Nyren and Richard Nyren

So the Newland bros are uncles to Richard Nyren(Jnr.) and Susan Nyren.It was this Richard Nyren Jnr ,nephew to the Newland bros who married Frances Pennicud.

Sorry but I can't draw a tree on this website.What is the interesting info on the Mary Redmans( nee willcocks) children?

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 June 14 18:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Helwill,
 Yes thanks I see it now! I googled Richard Newland and that helped. Sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees.

Regarding Mary, she married George Redman  Tailor to Duke Norfolk  Gt x2 grandad. They had 6 children. George Edward was in Navy,  died at sea 1863 aged 28 on HM Orpheus in New Zealand. Google Orpheus ! I have originals of papers including vessels he sailed on, his Seaman' s will etc. William Charles my great grandad had his own high class boot makers in Arundel, did well. James was a Tailor in Sydenham also  did very well!

George and Mary settled in Arundel after marriage 1828 St Martin's in the Fields, where we Redmans have remained to this day. I have their marriage cert  Family history is well documented after that with loads original docs!

Sorry my passion for the Redmans knows no bounds!

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 June 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
I forgot the most important bit!! My wonderful father. The great grandson of Mary Willcocks and George Redman.
William Jupp Redman, 9 times Mayor of Arundel and much much more! Sadly no longer with us but he wad so proud of his family roots  it's through him I am doing this. After his death I became keeper of the Redman family papers . A real Pandora' s Box, I am hooked