Author Topic: OWEN, Florence (nee KELLY)  (Read 2282 times)

Offline denniskelly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Florence Kelly and Alfred Kelly
    • View Profile
OWEN, Florence (nee KELLY)
« on: Saturday 26 April 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
I would greatly appreciate any help with locating information on my aunt, Florence OWEN (Nee Kelly) born 28 of September 1904.  Florence was the daughter of Alfred James Kelly and Sarah Ellen Morris.  See was the older sister of Alfred (Born: 9 Dec. 1905 – Died: 1970 Birmingham), Norman (Born: 6 Feb. 1907 – Died: 1967 Liverpool) William (Born: 2 Nov. 1909 – Died: 1980 Canada).  She married William George OWEN (Born: 26 March 1905) at Birkenhead on 18th of December 1926.  It is believed that one son presently lives Wirral.
Cheshire/Lancashire - Liverpool Area.  Kelly, Morris, Owen, Downey, Evans.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: OWEN, Florence (nee KELLY)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 May 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Dennis,
I am sorry no one has replied I am a little unsure what you are trying to find out? Are you looking for the son in Wirral or are you looking for a birth certificate for Florence?

Regards Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline denniskelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 May 14 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your interest.  Florence is the last member of my Dad's family not fully accounted for.  My Dad came to Canada in 1925 thought the Liverpool Sheltering Home (Barnardo's).  I have Florence's birth, marriage and birth/marriage of her two sons.  One son did or does live in Wirral but despite several attempts to contact him, he will not reply.  The sons are/would be in their early 80s and may not be in a situation in which they can respond.  What I would like to find is the death and burial of Florence and her husband William George OWEN.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 May 14 08:31 BST (UK) »
Dennis ...have a look at www.freebmd.org.uk 
Deaths Mar 1970 

OWEN    Florence    7Je1904    Wirral    10a   2507     Scan available - click to view

as it says 7 Je 1904 ...could it be your Florence ( Kelly ) Owen ??
Birkenhead area is on The Wirral ..looks like she moved out of Birkenhead t a few miles away

hmmm - just looked at the other death next to it
Deaths Mar 1970   (>99%)
OWEN    Florence    26Au1890    Crewe    10a   970      
looks like she was born 26 aug 1890 ....
so
7Je 1904  .. is probably 7th june 1904 - wrong date for your Florence ????

could a more experienced Researcher tell us if 7Je1904 would mean Born on 7th june 1904 please

oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
There are no death indexes with date of birth information to match Florence's known date of birth. An earlier death is therefore more likely than a later one.

Blue

Offline denniskelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 May 14 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for interest.  I have looked at FREEBMD, Find My Past, and Ancestry.  The most likely death record for Florence is I believe.

OWEN Florence B: 1904   D: 1958  Age 54    North East Cheshire   10a  552

I may send for this one and hope for the best.  My concern is that I really don't know if Florence lived in Cheshire or in some other area of the UK.  Because her son is or was in Wirral is a good clue but that may not work out.  Her birth (I have the certificate) was 28 September 1904. 

I am presently waiting on the death certificate for her brother Alfred James KELLY who died 1970 near Birmingham.  I have been in contcat with his grandson but he has no knowledge of Florence.

Thanks again for your interest.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 May 14 17:20 BST (UK) »
Dennis ...North East Cheshire is about 40 miles from Birkenhead / Wirral ...doesn`t look like a likely to me ..I would see if anyone can get any details before you pay for that cert
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/north%20east%20cheshire.html
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 May 14 17:38 BST (UK) »
That death according to Cheshire BMD was in Cheadle which historically was Cheshire but is now in Greater Manchester. If you do go for that certificate be sure when you order from the GRO to do the following:-

1. Don't provide GRO exact details from that index
2. Don't enter age at death
3. Enter date of death as 01/01/1958
4. Enter last known address as Cheshire, England
5. Enter occupation as wife of William George Owen

Point 5 would hopefully result in the GRO not issuing a certificate in the event of that Florence Owen not being the wife of William George Owen.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Blue