Author Topic: marriage lookup for William Wilkinson to Elizabeth ? East Retford c1865  (Read 7132 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: marriage lookup for William Wilkinson to Elizabeth ? East Retford c1865
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 May 14 14:13 BST (UK) »
Just to add my pennorth ;D
Baptism Tuxford
10-3-1851 Elizabeth dau of James Smith ,notes, mothers name unreadable. Fathers prof. Gipsy.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 May 14 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi larkspur and all who replied on this topic, after a conversation with my sister yesterday its possible that the Elizabeth Smith from Tuxford could be the right one as my sister heard through her husbands family years ago that they came originally from Ireland and had something to do with horses. Elizabeth's father is down as a gypsy so this could be them.

Moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 May 14 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Moira,

Yes I think that the marriage I gave you and the details that has been given on Elizabeth Smith is also right it all ties in with what you have already been given.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 May 14 13:59 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the 1851 census for Tuxford? There are no other children baptised to James Smith there. But you may get lucky, as Elizabeth was baptised 10th March and the census was taken on the night of 30th March.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley