Author Topic: MORRISON  (Read 1981 times)

Offline NanBriggs435

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MORRISON
« on: Thursday 01 May 14 20:52 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on family of Hugh Morrison b. 1760 in Ireland and d. 1839 in Pennsylvania.  He married Isabella Wilson, b. 1768 Ireland and d. 1852 in Pennsylvania.  She was the daughter of William Wilson, a wealthy man who had hired Hugh as Isabella's tutor.  After they married, William Wilson disinherited his daughter.  Hugh Morrison is related by DNA to Andrew Morrison b. 1751 in County Mayo, and his son John, b. 1774 in Mayo and his son John, b. 1802 in Mayo.  Hugh was educated and Presbyterian in faith.  Sons were named William, Joseph, John, James, Matthew and Thomas, likely family names.   Probably emigrated about 1789 to Philadelphia area.  Any marriage, death, birth or burial information as well as location would be appreciated.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MORRISON
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 11:01 BST (UK) »
Morrison and Wilson mention on the clonmany site of donegal resources

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~donegal

wiliam wilson townland Straroddin

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 May 14 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, I found the 1850 census and wonder if this is the Isabella you seek;

1850 US census:
Isabella Morrison age:54 born Ireland
William Morrison age:20 born Pennsylvania

Moyamensing,Pennsylvania

Also found these two deaths:

Joseph Morrison
born:1803 Ireland
died:27 December 1856
place:Moyamensing,Philadelphia,PA

Matthew Morrison
born:1816 Ireland
died:6 February 1881

The dates are later I know but these do seem to refer to Hugh's sons. I hope this helps,Kim

Offline rsample10

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 November 14 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am doing family history and found that my family is related to Hugh and Isabella Morrison. They lived in Venango county in Pennsylvania. they are buried in Old concord cemetery in Allegheny Township in Pennsylvania. Hugh died on Nov. 20,1839 .Isabella died on Jan. 10,1853. children are  Sarah 1792,  Thomas 1794,  Matthew 1797,  James 1799,  Joseph 1802,  William 1805,  John Boyd 1808,  Nancy Elizabeth 1813.                                                                          My family is tree comes  from Thomas. If I can help answer any questions just ask   .                 My email is  melindasample@yahoo.com                                                       

Melinda McChesney Sample