Author Topic: Help with Military Family - Yorkshire, Lancashire and Guernsey  (Read 2994 times)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Military Family - Yorkshire, Lancashire and Guernsey
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 July 14 09:11 BST (UK) »
On Ancestry there is a Medal Roll WW1 for William R Trainer Prince of Wales Own  (West Yorkshire) Regiment 17 / 587. There is also a tree that has Attestation Papers but I think it is wrong because he has the wrong wife on the papers Mary Emma Whitman. Take Care Lynette
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 July 14 09:31 BST (UK) »
That tree has the wrong papers attached!
The Wlliam Robert Trainer on those papers was aged 27 at attestation in 1914! ::)
And born in Hulme, Manchester!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Cheale57

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 December 15 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I've just found this forum as I was searching for records of my great grandmother Annie Gilcriss.  I was intrigued to find others interested in her and my great grandfather, William Trainer. Are you relations?

I have the family tree for the Trainer family including all the relations in Australia, many of whom I have met.

Please message me if you would like any more information.  I am particularly interested in knowing what happened to Annie Gilcriss as my grandmother would not talk about her.  We do have a photo of her though as well as many of the Trainer family.