Author Topic: Restoration Please of Elijah Dixon !  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Cancan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • mgctp.com
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration Please!
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 May 14 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All!!!

These are brilliant, we are spoilt for choice!!
I didn't notice the specs, well done!!

The Team are having a vote  :)
Credit will appear with the pic. 
The family of the pic are allowing us to use it, have seen the pics and think there great too!

The man is Elijah Dixon died 1876  a real radical of his day and well thought of, he was at the
Peterloo Massacre in 1819 in Manchester and gave a speech!!

A descendant of his has started a Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Dixon
She is adding new Information all the time as she comes across it in her research of him!

He appears on page 2 of the Notables http://mgctp.moonfruit.com

Soon to be updated with the pic!

We have added few more Notables to the website in the last couple of months, well worth another visit if you haven't done so later, if I might say so myself!!!

What would we do without 'Rootschat' and our 'Rootschatters'

Many Thanks again!

Cancan :)
The Manchester General Cemetery Transcription Project, Bookmark our website to see updates and information also. http://mgctp.com

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration Please of Elijah Dixon !
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 May 14 11:12 BST (UK) »
It was very difficult to choose just one restoration to use but we have chosen to use one of WiggyHobbes' restorations.

Thank you everyone.  We knew the Rootschatters wouldn't let us down.

Hopefully the team will be able to find Elijah Dixon's grave as the project progresses.  We know he is buried in Manchester General Cemetery because his death and funeral were widely covered in the newspapers.  As he doesn't appear on Manchester City Council's Online Burials website and his death occurred before 1886, we know he was buried in one of Church of England plots because the pre-1886 Burial Registers have been lost.  So we are keeping everything crossed in the hope that one day we will find his gravestone.

Luzzu  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 May 14 04:39 BST (UK) »
Glad you like it - I feel honoured!   ;)

Wiggy   :)
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 16 May 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Nice one Wiggy  ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Joyful

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My beautiful Mum & Uncle Neil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 16 May 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
Well done Wiggy 8) ;D ;)

Joy
Anderson R&C & Orkney, Jack, Patience, Hood R&C, McVicar Argll & Glasgow, Gourlay Glasgow, Docherty Glasgow, McNicol Argyll, Leask Orkney, Cumming Okney,
Tait Orkney, Brown Orkney, Sinclair Orkney, Craigie Orkney, Foulis Orkney, Beard Gloucester & Bundarra NSW, Pamplin Cambridge & NSW, Ashman Cambridge, McCarthy Ireland & Glen Innes NSW, Raleigh Ireland, Connelly Ireland, Waldron Ireland.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk