Author Topic: Mary Elizabeth and Jane Fitzpatrick?  (Read 992 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Elizabeth and Jane Fitzpatrick?
« on: Monday 12 May 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help.  I am looking for information on what happened to Mary Elizabeth and Jane Fitzpatrick.  They were originally from Prescot, Lancashire.  Due to a family tragedy, they were adopted by a Ronchetti family in St Helens.
I believe Mary Elizabeth and Jane immigrated to America on the 5th of May 1899, heading to New York as servants.
Is there any way of tracking these two individuals?
Thank you
Borderslass
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Elizabeth and Jane Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 May 14 13:38 BST (UK) »
Do you have their ages/dates of birth?  Were they travelling under the name Ronchetti?

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 May 14 15:42 BST (UK) »
They travelled under the name of Fitzpatrick.  Mary Elizabeth was born in 1878 and Jane was born in 1879, both were born in Prescot Lancashire.  The two sisters left Liverpool on the 10th of May 1899 on a ship called the Cymric.
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 May 14 15:51 BST (UK) »
The address that Mary was going to was 514 W. 54 St., New York.  It's hard to read, but it looks like she was joining a friend.  Jane (or Janey as she is listed on the passenger list) was going to 309 E. 21 St. New York and it looks like she was going to join a sister?

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 May 14 15:55 BST (UK) »
It looks like the passenger list that you believe are your Fitzpatricks list them as born in Ireland.  It's hard to read, but it looks like Co. Down.  Is there any other reason you think it's them?