Author Topic: Lillian Parker 1892-1985  (Read 3067 times)

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lillian Parker 1892-1985
« on: Tuesday 27 May 14 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi im trying to find info on the above person,i have been told that she went to canada we think in and around 1912,shes in a 1916 canada census resident in Hillsborough saskatchewan,i have her returning to the uk via liverpool 1955 with a husband harry hardy,i dont know when he went over there either so any help on this also will be greatly appreciated,
the puzzling thing is i have them marrying 1919 Bucklow cheshire so im not sure what fact are correct any help please
debbie
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Lillian Parker 1892-1985
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 20:31 BST (UK) »
How certain are you that the Lillian Parker in 1916 is yours?

There is a Lillian Parker born 1892 who is a passenger on the Canada on 13 Jul 1912 heading for Quebec, but she is described as "wife" and has a one year old child, Elsie with her.

If you look at the 1955 passenger list it says they hold a UK passport, country of last permanent residence is the UK and place of future permanent residence is the UK. This doesn't sound as if they lived in Canada.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 20:36 BST (UK) »
There is a tree on line that gives her born Garston Lancashire 4/4/1892 dying in Cheshire in 1985. Her father was born New Zealand?

This is a very comprehensive tree with photographs.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 21:16 BST (UK) »
There is a tree on line that gives her born Garston Lancashire 4/4/1892

That's the same DOB as the one on the passenger list.

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi jennifer thanks for the info,yes she was born in garston and her grandparents emmigrated to new zealand from preston near hull in 1862,her father was born in nz,

one query though i have her marriage to Harry Hardy in  Bucklow Cheshire 1919, so how can she be a wife on your info in 1912 going to canada,i dont have her with a child named Elsie either,

i have her first born 1920 which would tie in with her marriage that i have to harry,I wonder if these are 2 seperate people with the same name,and ive gone down the wrong line,

so maybe your right and the 1916 saskatchewan census is wrong,what do you think
many thanks
Debbie
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 21:32 BST (UK) »
one query though i have her marriage to Harry Hardy in  Bucklow Cheshire 1919, so how can she be a wife on your info in 1912 going to canada,i dont have her with a child named Elsie either,

That's what I meant, I dont think that is your Lillian.

Have you actually seen the 1916 Canadian census, the only one I can see is a Lillian Parker who is married to a John Parker, so again, not yours.

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi groom many thanks for your info,
yes im begining to think ive gone down the wrong line and the 1916 canada census isent my family,
but that still leaves them coming back in 1955,to liverpool,when did they go to canada,and are they the same as my people,Lillian is the right d o b ,but i have Harry Jan 1891BMD 8a 164 but he could be born 12 dec 90 and they registered him in the new year  what do you think
thanks
Debbie

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:05 BST (UK) »
That sounds very possible as you have 6 weeks to register a birth, so they may have waited until after Christmas.

I still think that the couple coming back from Canada didn't live there, but had been on holiday or similar. The reason being that they give the UK as their last country of permanent residence in the column where it asks "Country of last permanent residence for more than 12 months" If they'd been living in Canada they would have stated it there.

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Groom and jennife,
 ive checked all the passenger lists  outward on ancestry and there are several lillian parker/hardy on there lists and harry hardy but none seem to match mine they are all with differant partners except the  original return to the uk that ive found 1955 , so maybe this is also incorrect, and my 2 dident either go and in which case dident  return to the uk.
any ideas
thanks debbie.