Author Topic: Lillian Parker 1892-1985  (Read 3068 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Lillian Parker 1892-1985
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:31 BST (UK) »
Do you know for definate that Lillian's birth was  4/4/1892 or have you just taken that from the passenger list? If you are sure it was that and the address they were going back to is one that you recognise, it looks as if they were returning from a holiday. I cant see any outward voyage though.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi groom yes thats the correct d o b for lillian, and also harry is on the 1955 passenger list as a joiner, and he was a joiner ive got his occupation off his attestation paper in 1909 for the territorial army in ww1 records.
but like you i cant find them going out of the uk.
many thanks
Debbie
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 22:38 BST (UK) »
There is a tree online that has two sons born to them Kenneth Hardy 1920 – 1989 and Harry Hardy
1921 – 1990. Both born in Altrincham, Cheshire. That suggests the 1916 Canadian census isn't her.

I wonder if they flew out and came back by boat?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 May 14 19:12 BST (UK) »
HI Groom thanks por your input,
whos tree are you looking at my tree is on ancestry,im thinking that maybe you maybe looking at my tree,although there are a few other people with the same details as mine,ive sent messages to a couple of them to see if they can clarify this propblem ive come across buit as yet no reply from them.

i have the 2 sons as you have found also hence the reason i thought maybe the 1916 canda census wasent correct for my pair.

as for boat passengers ive checked ancestry passenger section but cant find them going to canada, im begining to think that this info on the 1955 document isent anything to do with my 2 people but a coincidence.

Many thanks
debbie

Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 May 14 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

Lists of passengers entering Canada are not available to the public after 1935. See the link for info.

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/immigration/immigration-records/Pages/introduction.aspx

Added: also, it is possible that not all UK outbound passenger lists survived or have been put on line.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 May 14 20:33 BST (UK) »
HI Polarbear,
Many thanks for your link,ive sent a message to them to see if they can assist me
thanks
Debbie