Author Topic: Newman, All Dorset  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Linna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Newman, All Dorset
« on: Sunday 26 June 05 09:09 BST (UK) »

Am researching my family tree and my Newman relatives all lived in Dorset, in the Poole area.

Direct ancestors include: John Newman(c1803-?) married to Hannah Hoare, Charles (1838-?) married to Elizabeth James, William Charles,(1860-?) married to Maria Hancock, Joseph Henry (1885-1917) married to Kate Laura Fry. If anyone is connected with this line I would be happy to share information
Dorset/Hampshire:
Newman, Fry, Hancock, Hoare and Budden

Offline xanthe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newman, All Dorset
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hello, I've just found your message, about 2 years old. Are you still researching the Newmans of Dorset? I'm the 3G-granddaughter of Thomas Newman (b. c1807 in Poole) who married Elizabeth Bugler of Beaminster, and they spent the rest of their lives in Beaminster. I have lots of data about their descendents, and also about Elizabeth's Bugler ancestors, but I cannot find any data about Thomas's parents or siblings. I do not know whether he was born to a long-established Newman family in Poole, or whether his parents were actually Beaminster Newmans who were just living for a while in Poole when he was born. Do you want to share data?