Author Topic: Abel Lewis  (Read 4385 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Lewis
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 21:52 BST (UK) »
From that the Llanraidr Y M marriage looks a good favourite!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 21:58 BST (UK) »
It doesn't look too promising a trail does it?lol

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 22:46 BST (UK) »
Interesting character the Idris Lewis given as born in the Corwen District in 1906.There is a death of an Idris Lewis in the Corwen District in 1907 with birth given c 1907.Yet he shows in 1911 aged 4?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 June 14 07:34 BST (UK) »
Interesting character the Idris Lewis given as born in the Corwen District in 1906.There is a death of an Idris Lewis in the Corwen District in 1907 with birth given c 1907.Yet he shows in 1911 aged 4?

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Must have  been two. I'll have a look. Corwen was a very large RD in those days. 

May I have your permission to look into your web/tree - is the password the same?  It's to refresh my memory on the Gabriels.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 June 14 07:50 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has the following Corwen RD birth regs for an Idris Lewis around 1906/7
June q 1906 - 11b 346
June q 1907 - 11b 340

Also one in Wrexham June q, 1906 - 11b 240

NorthWales BMD have the 1906 Corwen one as Llangollen and the Wrexham one as Ruabon. The 1907 one is Corwen, as is the death.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 June 14 09:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks,yes the password is still the same!Now looking on Ancestry there is one birth for an Idris Lewis in the Corwen District and one showing in the Wrexham District.Talking of the Gabriel family there a few people that I have with a second name of Lewis.Though with such info as I have there is no obvious reason as to why they should have been so named.There being no Gabriel/Lewis marriage.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 June 14 09:18 BST (UK) »
I think you missed my birth reg info, WR :

FreeBMD has the following Corwen RD birth regs for an Idris Lewis around 1906/7
June q 1906 - 11b 346
June q 1907 - 11b 340

Also one in Wrexham June q, 1906 - 11b 240

NorthWales BMD have the 1906 Corwen one as Llangollen and the Wrexham one as Ruabon. The 1907 one is Corwen, as is the death.

Gadget

It could have been someone who married a Gabriel and was related to the Lewises or the Williams. These distant relationships are the worst to find .

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 05 June 14 09:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks,I can only repeat that there is only the one Idris Lewis birth showing in Corwen on Ancestry.Its so much more difficult now the was the search is set up.As used to be the case you were able to enter,lets say Lewis births and able to put the specific Registration District in the search box which is no longer the case!I'm told it may well relate to the family of Ann Gabriel(1858) who was to marry a William Griffiths in 1875.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 05 June 14 09:52 BST (UK) »
Fair enough I see the two Idris Lewis births now!It explains the death!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire