Author Topic: Margaret Elderton  (Read 1440 times)

Offline francesjean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Elderton
« on: Tuesday 03 June 14 19:43 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace ancestors.  My ancestor Margaret Elderton states she was born in Wallsend in Northumberland in 1822.  I have found her on the 1841 census working in Ormesby aged 17 and on the 1851 census she is in Merrington working as a cook to the Vicar of Merrington.

I have a copy of her marriage certificate.  She was married to Thomas Blenkinsop in Newcastle in 1853.  On her marriage certificate her fathers name is listed as Robert Elderton (deceased).  I cannot trace any of her family and wondered if anyone can help. :o ::) :)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Elderton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 22:00 BST (UK) »
You didn't say what Robert's occupation was, was it pitman ?

The nearest I can find is Margaret Elrington in 1821 with a father Robert. Have a look and see what you think (its #1261)

http://www.rootschat.com/links/011sl/ 
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 22:10 BST (UK) »
I know you said you had her in 1851 nut this record seems a better match, have a look and see what you think

Margaret Elerington  67
 Margaret Elerington  29 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 Thomas Blenkinsop  28 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 Benjamin Brown  42
 Richard Todd  36
 Henry Strong  16

HO107/2409/ 24 p 40
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 22:20 BST (UK) »
Also in respect of the 1841 census this looks a better match, although they are in Durham . Still have a look and see what you think

Robert Edington  50
 Margaret Edington  50
 William Edington  20
 Margaret Edington  18
 Hannas Edington  15
 Elizabeth Edington  10

HO107/ 296/ Book: 13 / Folio: 4; Page: 3