Author Topic: NSW marriages: VISTARINI circa 1884  (Read 4379 times)

Offline nethercs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Author of AIKENHEAD, PELL & NETHERCOTE fam history
    • View Profile
NSW marriages: VISTARINI circa 1884
« on: Wednesday 04 June 14 05:04 BST (UK) »
Looking for the marriage of Hector Ferdinand VISTARINI and Mary.   It is Mary who is the mystery.
They are thought to have married in Maitland NSW in 1884.  Between 1885 and 1890 they had 3 children. 

According to the birth records the details of the mother are:
Mary WILTON born at Bando, married on 17 March 1884 at Narrabri, NSW
Mary WILLIAMS born at Mudgee, married on 1 July 1884  at St George, Qld
Mary PEARCE born at Mudgee, married on 18 March 1874 at Maitland NSW
thereby marrying the 3rd child mother before marrying the 1st and 2nd child's mothers.
I don't believe this; I think the clerk has miswritten 1884 as 1874. 
Hector was the informant on the 1st and 3rd births.  Mary was the informant on the 2nd.  Hector signed his name. Mary made her mark.
There are enough consistencies between the birth records that I am confident we are looking at the same family. 

Mary died on 7th June 1890.  Hector was the informant on her death.  Mary’s parents are shown as unknown.  All three children are listed as her children.  The death record gives her place of birth as Mudgee, and that she married Hector Vistarini in 1884 at Maitland.

Hector died on 24 Jan 1891.  All three children are listed as his children.  The box for marriage details is blank.
Hector’s details are consistent across the records except that at his death he was called Hector ROBINSON.  The newspaper reports and death record are both in the name of Hector Robinson.  It seems that he had been working and living under the Robinson name.  Why? We don’t know.  Mary’s surname changes at every reference – so if someone was hiding I suspect it was Mary.  (The children’s birth records are all in the VISTARINI name.)

After Hector died a brother of his from Victoria went to Queensland and collected the two eldest children.  I don’t know what happened to the youngest who was less than a year old at the time.

There is a family tree on Ancestry that gives her name as “Elizabeth Robinson”.  The owner of that tree has not responded to my requests for further information.

Looking for the Marriage and a surname for Mary. (She has 3 already but I am not confident of any of them.)

I suspect that they did marry in NSW (they didn’t go to St George Qld until about 1886).  I have tried various misspellings for Vistarini in the online index – with no luck.  I have tried various permutations of the wife’s name – searching for both her birth and marriage. 

thanks, Steve Nethercote
PELL: Northants, Leics, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
NETHERCOAT: Northants, Leics, Australia
AIKENHEAD: Forfar, Kincardine
WAYTH: Suffolk, Australia
GUDGEON: Hants, Suffolk, Australia, New Zealand
LANGSFORD: Cornwall, New Zealand, Australia
SLAPP: Suffolk
OSBORNE: Suffolk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW marriages: VISTARINI circa 1884
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 05:30 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Do you have the birth cert or official transcription for Hector F and Mary VISTARINI's daughter Eleanor E?  birth registered Glen Innes, in 1885 (NSW BDM #19687) .... what is the info about Eleanor's parents and also for Eleanor's older siblings?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 05:56 BST (UK) »
The baptism record for Eleanora gives the mother's surname as WALTON, so that is four choices now.  ::)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTZY-WFG

I think anyone who can't remember where and when they married probably didn't marry at all  ;D

You can just put first names only into the NSW online indexes to pick up surname spelling variations, but I don't see anything of interest.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/bdm_fh.html

In Hector Jnr.'s WW1 service record, sister Eleanora (Laura) claims that there was only herself and her brother.

Debra  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:07 BST (UK) »
From NSW SRO Assisted Immigrants index 1856, (4 Sept) Ann VISTIRIN  aged 53, a passenger on the Lloyds ….

Cheers, JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:12 BST (UK) »
Can Rootschatters with Vic BDM access please check details as there seems to be a VISTARINI marriage 1884 with spouse Mary

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:18 BST (UK) »
Not the couple of interest as they were having children in Victoria in 1886 and 1888.  I haven't checked the next disc.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:19 BST (UK) »
Can Rootschatters with Vic BDM access please check details as there seems to be a VISTARINI marriage 1884 with spouse Mary

That marriage is for his brother Archilles to Mary DICKINSON.

Debra  :)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:21 BST (UK) »
Do you have an age anywhere for Mary, wife of Hector...might suggest if she had earlier family...thus various family names?

BDM NSW marriage
4167/1908  LUPP  Louis    m.     VISTARINI  Leonora              Bathurst
9834 / 1934 LUPP Leonore V    m. HALMES  Cecil  W               Orange
9834 / 1934 LUPP Leonore V    m. HOLMES  Cecil  W               Orange
20918 / 1955 HOLMES Leonora Vistarini   m. FOX Weston Roger F         Sydney

birth
1483 / 1909  LUPP Hector J    ps  Louis / Leonore                    Bathurst
26127 / 1912  LUPP  Leonora   V    ps.    Louis / Leonara  M        Bathurst

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:30 BST (UK) »
Odd that a Hector VISTARINI is also on the Roll of Honor, Died on or about 25th April 1915 at Galipoli Turkey.?

Several other sites have him as Ferdinand Hector VISTARINI and Born Pleasant Creek abt 1858. To Hannibal Vistarini and Anna Galimberti.?

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads