Author Topic: Knapp, Australia  (Read 6650 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Knapp, Australia
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 08 June 14 05:15 BST (UK) »
My mother sent me a book my fathers cousin had put together,........If you're wanting a copy of what i have please let me know, but I'm thinking you have this and more from what I've seen.   ;D

No I for one do not have a copy of the book. My contributions to the conversation about your KNAPP family come from many different sources, not that particular one ;D

I wonder if this could be the birth in England of William KNAPP jnr.

Births Dec 1839   
KNAPP William Knapp
Faringdon
 6/168

In my limited understanding of English geography, Faringdon and Headingdon (marriage place of William KNAPP and Mary NORTH) do not seem very far apart.

With the marriage being September 1839 and the birth falling within the months Sept to Dec the same year it is hard to say whether it was inside or outside the marriage. However, I wonder whether Mary Ann left her baby with her brother Robert North before following her husband to Australia alone.

It has been stated she probably arrived around 1840 if 15 years in Australia at death, with the first Australian birth being  1841(John George)

There is a marriage which could be Robert  NORTH and Martha. Witney seems to be in the same approximate area as Faringdon and Headingdon and as stated is where the North parents were in 1841

Marriages Dec 1844       
HICKS Martha           
NORTH Robert
Witney
16/247

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk