Author Topic: nicolsons ..sleat isle of skye  (Read 4347 times)

Offline CaileanMac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: nicolsons ..sleat isle of skye
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 July 14 11:00 BST (UK) »
The problem with records on Skye is that they developed a little later on than some other areas.

As far as I am aware there are no written records for Skye in the 1770s.
Gr-Gr-Gr Grandparents and relevant areas: MacDonald (Skye/Renfrewshire/Glasgow), Johnstone (Inverness/Ayr/Glasgow), MacPherson (Ross/Glasgow), Irvine (Ireland/Glasgow), Berrie (Dunkeld/Glasgow), Biggar (Paisley/Glasgow), Bradley (Ireland/Glasgow), McCorkindale (Argyll/Glasgow), Hardie (Ireland/Greenock), Scott (Greenock) , Kane (Ireland), Maguire (Ireland), McLarty (Argyll/Greenock), McLean (Argyll/Greenock), Petrie (Fife/Dundee/Greenock), Graham (Argyll/Greenock).

Offline chan01

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: nicolsons ..sleat isle of skye
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 August 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
hi everyone. I am still trying to place alexander Nicolson b 1783. I think his father was also alexander Nicolson 1760 and mother Margaret. There is confusion as to his wife who I have as Mary Beaton 1784...Their marriage seemingly was 3/5/1805 however this gives the wife as Mary MacLean... I think they may have moved to nova scotia as another tree gives alexander's death as 1872 nova scotia. If anyone able to help this would be great... many thanks. x
Campbell, Coyle,, Nicolson MacDonald, Allen. Macintosh, Gallaher,