Author Topic: Cemeteries in St Heliers Jersey.  (Read 445 times)

Offline Ciderman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cemeteries in St Heliers Jersey.
« on: Monday 09 June 14 05:54 BST (UK) »
For several years now I have been researching information relating to the founder of our town , here in New Zealand. His name was Frederick Sedgwick Abbott and he died in 1901 and is buried in a St Heliers cemetery but I don't know which one. I have a low res photo of the grave but I would very much like a higher resolution one. He lived at 14 Clarence St, the residence of the Luce sisters, Ann A. & Elizabeth A. with his wife Ida Harlington (nee Bradberry), another boarder Elizabeth Amy (90 years old), a young domestic servant Ada Collas (aged 14)  until his death. his wife died in January 1942 at Haut de la Ville, St Heliers leaving her possessions to a Catholic orphanage Rouge Boullion. Would love any info about any of these people.
Michael Bennett

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cemeteries in St Heliers Jersey.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 June 14 07:32 BST (UK) »
There's a list here:
http://www.sthelier.je/cemeteries/

There is a lookup service on there? Cost is £10.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cemeteries in St Heliers Jersey.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 June 14 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hiya Michael ... ,I notice that his wife dies in 1942 ( during WW2)...the Germans occupied Jersey at the time and they basically used only one Cemetery during WW2...but - it does say "the majority " if Frederick is buried in another Cemetery , maybe his wife was interred in the same grave as Frederick ...
take a look at this site and maybe it has some info for you
http://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Jersey_Cemeteries

good luck
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford