Author Topic: Death Dates Please!  (Read 4290 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death Dates Please!
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 08:39 BST (UK) »

The couple moved back to Tasmania between 1931 1nd 1936.

Their probable son, Lionel George COPPLEMAN seems to have either returned to or remained in Victoria. Here is a sighting in 1952 about a collision in Sale.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/63293392?

Gippsland Times  ) Thursday 5 June 1952 
... …Lionel George Coppleman, of the Country Roads Board, and a car driven by Mrs. EXXXX GXXXXX BXXXXXX......

Lionel and a woman who is probably his wife and who shared his Victorian addresses, were cremated at Springvale .

http://smct.org.au/deceasedsearch/

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Dates Please! (Completed at last, Thank You).
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 08:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much to you all for helping me with this illusive family, after looking through it all I have come to the conclusion you are all correct, it would seem Karl changed his name to Charles and Eveline to Rubeena and he also took the "K" off his surname.

I really have to feel for the poor horse and cow what  a pair of rotters!!!

Thank you all again, your help is really appreciated and has saved me from looking any further, it's taken me years so I'm glad it has finally come to an end, couldn't have done it with out you all.

They were last seen in Beechworth in 1957 due to attending the funeral of Robina's mother, they must have returened home where Robina herself died a little later in that same year.

Kind Regards

Cienna

Offline elly51

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Dates Please!
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 March 18 07:33 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in any information on Dorothy (Doris) Coppleman, who i understand was the daughter of Carl Christian Joseph Coppleman. I cannot find a birth certificate for her, but her marriage certificate indicates she was married to Horace Robert Townsend in Queenstown Tas, and was witnessed by Charles Coppleman. Does anyone know why the Copplemans moved to Victoria, and whether they had an existing connection there?

Kind Regards
Eleanor