Author Topic: KATHLEEN HARRISON -ACTRESS = Raynes Park - MERTON  (Read 9577 times)

Offline Moosie100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KATHLEEN HARRISON -ACTRESS = Raynes Park - MERTON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 June 14 14:57 BST (UK) »
many Thanks to everyone for helping me search.
Giblet, I would really like to see copies of the articles, very kind of you to offer

Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice, to avoid spamming and other abuses.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks

I have been in touch with the cemeteries and sadly no luck.
Mortlake crematorium
Mortlake Cemetery
North Sheen Cemetery
New Battersea Cemetery (Morden Cemetery)
Putney Lower Common Cemetery
Putney Vale Crematorium
Putney Vale Cemetery
St Mary's Cemetery (Battersea Rise Cemetery)
Wandsworth Cemetery
•Church Road Cemetery (also known as St Peter and St Paul’s Cemetery)
•Gap Road Cemetery (also known as Wimbledon Cemetery)
•London Road Cemetery
•Merton and Sutton Joint Cemetery (Garth Road)

I guess it is a case of keep looking.
Thank you again for your help.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 June 14 17:43 BST (UK) »
I can't answer your question, but here's her entry in The British Film and Television Yearbook 1955-56, in case it adds anything to what you already know about her career:

HARRISON, KATHLEEN, Actress. Born Blackburn, Lancs. Studied at R.A.D.A., making her film début in 1931. Her notable films include: Night Must Fall, Bank Holiday, A Girl Must Live, The Outsider, Major Barbara, In Which We Serve, Temptation Harbour, Oliver Twist, Holiday Camp, "The Hugget Family" (Series), Trio, Waterfront, Scrooge, The Winslow Boy. 1952: Pickwick Papers, Turn the Key Softly, Lilacs in the Spring, Cast a Dark Shadow, All for Mary, etc.

It shouldn't be difficult to find copies of many of those films.

Find A Grave discourages long-term "Burial Unknown" memorials (which are supposed to be temporary placeholders while details are obtained. But sometimes they stick around. It doesn't like duplicates either, but has a second one here.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 June 14 12:39 BST (UK) »
To the person who commented that the find a grave site was not that good.

This is an ongoing project.  Not all cemetaries are listed.  And not all will allow their records to be used.

So please do not condemn a site without knowing the facts.....

And no I have no connection to the site, have never used it.  But I just hate it when people do what you did without thinking!
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 June 14 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Plummiegirl, I did not mean to imply that the site was not that good, apologies if it came across that way.  I think findagrave is a great resource and have some graves on there myself, with the information regarding the grave sites.  It was just disappointing that this particular memorial gave no details of where it was located, to me the main point of findagrave for family history is, as the name implies, to find a grave.  I do understand that it is a work in progress and some people put memorials on there hoping to add location details later, but personally I would wait until I had those details.

Jool
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 13 June 14 21:19 BST (UK) »
Dont worry jool  :) when i read your reply i never thought of it as you saying the site was no good. You just stated the obvious, that Kathleen is listed on it but no details of burial. As far as i can see there was nothing wrong with what you posted.

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 13 June 14 21:26 BST (UK) »
To the person who commented that the find a grave site was not that good.

This is an ongoing project.  Not all cemetaries are listed.  And not all will allow their records to be used.

So please do not condemn a site without knowing the facts.....

And no I have no connection to the site, have never used it.  But I just hate it when people do what you did without thinking!

And that is just your personal opinion. I cant see where jool posted that the site "was not that good".  I dont feel jool posted anything wrong.

Offline holycross4

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 September 16 15:09 BST (UK) »
hello my name is Anthony chubb and i am one of the few people  a dozen at her funeral David tomlinson and his son were there i am a avid collector of her films and have spoken to her and her son since she was 80 i have letters and from her  and son have visited her house i have 54 of her films and Mrs Thursday and theatre programme s always sent her roses on her birthday i have signed pictures etc her agent plunkett greene died last year and i wanted to know what to do with allthe memorabilia i have please  personel message me i have place and grave no      who else died and was put in the grave

Offline JD Michael

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 12:33 BST (UK) »
Dear Mr Chubb,

I have only just seen your message exchange and I am probably a bit (very) late in responding but I am hopeful that you will see this message.

I am currently researching the final Kathleen Harrison and am seeking to find her final resting place. I would be extremely grateful if you would let me know the details of her grave location.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Offline JD Michael

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 12:35 BST (UK) »
Apologies for the typo 'final' in my last message