Author Topic: Polish Geneology (Brozda) - Surname: Konchalska  (Read 1010 times)

Offline markdrogers99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Polish Geneology (Brozda) - Surname: Konchalska
« on: Sunday 15 June 14 02:00 BST (UK) »
Hello. I am  hoping someone might be able to assist with understanding how to locate records in Poland.  I'm looking for information on the Konchalska and Osial families.

Kazimiera Konchalska was born 1885 just outside Warsaw, Poland. I understand she was born of the landed gentry owning farms and a mill.  It is said that when she was 16 she met an illiterate peasant named Jan Osial.  Kazimiera’s parents were impressed by his manners and ambition and gave their consent to their wedding.   I just learned one of her daughters, Lucja Osial (b. 1906 d. 1978 in NYC), told US immigration in 1957 that she was born in Brozda, Poland though I've been unable to locate Brozda on a map?

The family moved to Vladivostok, Russia as their fourth daughter was born there in 1918.  I understand Jan Osial joined the Russian army though ended up moving the family to Japan sometime during the 1920's.  Are there any passenger records for Poles departing or returning to Poland?

I would be keen to learn how to search for information on the Konchalska family in Poland and how to obtain birth certificates etc for the family?

Any help would be really appreciated.
WHITFIELD / DUFFY / PENGELLY / MOSES / OSIAL

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Polish Geneology (Brozda) - Surname: Konchalska
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 June 14 08:10 BST (UK) »
In case you are unaware  the Polish /Ukraine border of about 17 miles either way has changed hands frequently ...my Father in Law surname Kabluckyj was born in 1927 in Rohatyn ,Ukraine - formerly Rogatyn,Poland ....so maybe the town of Brozda ,Poland is now in Ukraine and spelt slightly different ??
try google for Poland /Ukraine border towns
good luck
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Rudolf H B

• RootsChat Veteran
  • His gt grandchildren KIA on both sides in WW1!
    • View Profile
Re: Polish Geneology (Brozda) - Surname: Konchalska
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 June 14 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

use the Polish or Ukrainian Wikipedia to search and you will learn that

Brózda is a Polish surname,
the meaning is furrow, the ancestors might be farmers.

According to the familysearch database the town might be Babruysk ("Brozha").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babruysk

You should search for the male form of  surname: Konchalski or Konchalsky.

Good luck

Rudolf
Goldschmidt; Gregory, Maude, Nancy Price, Welby (UK),
Goldschmidt > Goldsmith, Benetta, Bloom, Gillis, McDonough, Moses, Wheaton (Australia / NZ),
Spatz & Henderson (Greater London),
Herbert Spatz MC > H. Spence MC (Salisbury),
Spatz > Spence, Nichols. Kidd (Bromley > Manchester South, India),
Spatz > Spaatz (Boyertown, PA - USA),
Engel & Joly (Philadelphia, PA - USA).
Kummerer (London, Chicago & Australia).

WW1 - Cousins Killed in Action in the Australian, English, French & German Armies