Author Topic: Sardinians in Piedmont  (Read 645 times)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
Sardinians in Piedmont
« on: Tuesday 17 June 14 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hello fellow Rootschatters!

I'm currently exploring my Italian ancestry. My ancestors (at least, those born in the 19th century) were from Piedmont, which would mean they were Piedmontese citizens prior to Unification in 1861. I'm hoping to find my possible blood link to Sardinian ancestors.

As I've come across a few ancestors called Sardi and Caligaris (which to me sounds a bit like Cagliari, the capital city of Sardinia), and knowing Piedmont and Sardinia used to be one and the same kingdom before 1861, I was wondering if anyone has any information as to any flux of population between both territories during their joint history? I would assume a lot of people moved from Piedmont to Sardinia and viceversa, and I was wondering when these population exchanges may have been more frequent?

Thanks!

Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)