Author Topic: German leg of family tree - KIESLER, SCHIER  (Read 1320 times)

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German leg of family tree - KIESLER, SCHIER
« on: Wednesday 18 June 14 05:19 BST (UK) »
These are two names out of my to hard basket;

Kurt Walter Kiesler, born, 15 Jun. 1917
Hildegard Helene Paula Schier, born, 26 Dec. 1919

Looking for birth records, census, marriage/ban date and place, place of birth (somewhere in Germany). etc.

We do know they traveled to Australia from Germany on board the  CASTEL FELICE on 31 October 1955 with their three children.

Kurt also served in the German army.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: German leg of family tree.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there  M S Harmer,

Here's a thread re your chap http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=536124.0  .... that thread was commenced by Martin Harmer, and in fact is several merged threads. 

Here's one of several threads where I have suggested you try to contact Martin.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=623676.0

Add
The National Archives of Australia have a file for your chap, covering the years 1955 - 1965.  The barcode for the file is found at the NAA's online index, and that barcode is 12865618 .  It is likely there will be a fee required if you were to order a copy of the file. 

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: German leg of family tree - KIESLER, SCHIER
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 June 14 06:28 BST (UK) »
I have contacted M S in regards to his Kiesler connection but he was unable to help, he has stopped researching them for the moment.
The only things I have found out is the name Kiesler may be jewish and a lot of the German military records of the time were destroyed.
I seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. 
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: German leg of family tree - KIESLER, SCHIER
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 June 14 07:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is one of the most confusing posts I have read.

You are M S Harmer.  I was suggesting you contact Martin Harmer.
 I can see that his profile has been altered recently to show his emails are not working. 

Rock and hard place means hitting head on brickwall.  I suggest you order the file/s at NAA as these should give you photos fuller details of where brn and medical reports and employment skills etc.

JM

I have contacted M S in regards to his Kiesler connection but he was unable to help, he has stopped researching them for the moment.
The only things I have found out is the name Kiesler may be jewish and a lot of the German military records of the time were destroyed.
I seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.