Author Topic: NSW BDM online UPGRADE June 2014  (Read 21442 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: NSW BDM online UPGRADE June 2014
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 June 14 06:42 BST (UK) »
Joy, Re the website ..... Try this link http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/bdm_fh.html  then EVEN THOUGH "they" don't mention it, you need to click on the words "Start searching the Family History records" which then brings up the search engine

Ok well I'm sorry JM, but I cannot get past the page which comes up, as  you  say above, and where I am invited to complete details for a search. What  am I supposed to do to initiate the process"

The word search on the top right disappears as soon as I put in any information whatever so there is nothing to click to commence the search.

Meantime the old search screen has not been taken down and is working the way it always did. Thus-

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?event=marriages

I'm back to DOS for now.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joyful

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My beautiful Mum & Uncle Neil
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 June 14 06:46 BST (UK) »
My problem is now solved ;D I was using my toolbar s/cut (which still opens as 'old'
search) went in through IE & lo & behold new search came up...YUK what a mess ???

Joy

Added Thanks JM...red post
Anderson R&C & Orkney, Jack, Patience, Hood R&C, McVicar Argll & Glasgow, Gourlay Glasgow, Docherty Glasgow, McNicol Argyll, Leask Orkney, Cumming Okney,
Tait Orkney, Brown Orkney, Sinclair Orkney, Craigie Orkney, Foulis Orkney, Beard Gloucester & Bundarra NSW, Pamplin Cambridge & NSW, Ashman Cambridge, McCarthy Ireland & Glen Innes NSW, Raleigh Ireland, Connelly Ireland, Waldron Ireland.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 June 14 06:46 BST (UK) »
https://lifelink.bdm.nsw.gov.au/lifelink/familyhistory/search?0  for Sue .....

Yep Joy, definitely a mess ....

Add

BEFORE DOS ....

There used to be a reader with a light box and fiche at the NSW SRO and there was film at NSW SL and at other locations too .....   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 June 14 06:58 BST (UK) »
FOUR births with reference no. 1/1820 of which two apparently are for same person so three different baptisms

Bring back the ink bottle and the quill.... 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 June 14 07:07 BST (UK) »
Ok well I'm sorry JM, but I cannot get past the page which comes up, as  you  say above, and where I am invited to complete details for a search. What  am I supposed to do to initiate the process"

Are you a MAC .... I don't know how to for them  ;D   But here's their pdf that they have uploaded today.... 

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/resources/Family-History-Help-Guide-23Jun14.pdf 

Sue, I use two screens for my real work, and my OH has given up on me doing any real work today .... Shhhhhhhhhh..... he is just as addicted to fh as me, but doesn't often admit it.... Anyways, the search button is in an obscure spot ..... scroll right across to far right and then to bottom of your screen,  you may be somewhere near it. 

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 23 June 14 07:11 BST (UK) »
I dont like the new upgrade. Can it be called a upgrade   ::)

Suppose like all other changes made to different sites we will eventually get used to it once they iron any problems out  :-\

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 23 June 14 07:11 BST (UK) »
Will this snip help?

Cheers,  JM

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 23 June 14 07:21 BST (UK) »
The "SEARCH" button is not seen on my screen either until I changed to 75% screen - and then you can see the button  ::)

This "upgrade" reminds me of the same thing they tried to do on FindMyPast

Surely someone these days knows how to write programming specs and actually test the darned thing  ??? ::)

We actually pay people to write garbage like this  :-X
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 23 June 14 07:53 BST (UK) »
I can view births and deaths okay.....but NOW will they have the correct reference number?

My problem are marriages......the partner's name/s are required.....isn't that often the reason for the SEARCH :'(

Essie