Author Topic: Heinrich Führen again. Quest for further information  (Read 625 times)

Offline Greygirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Heinrich Führen again. Quest for further information
« on: Friday 27 June 14 22:43 BST (UK) »
Dear All
Some time ago I posted about my grandmother's brother Heinrich Führen from Eschweiler who died in WW1. I've managed to find out from the German equivalent of the War Graves Commission that he is buried in the military cemetery Fössefeld in Hannover-Limner and that he died 11.11.1918. The grave doesn't give any other clues such as his regiment or where he was injured or died, it doesn't actually give his christian name though it is definitely him. His rank was NCO and he was in a medical unit (not medically qualified).
I'm guessing that he was probably taken to a military hospital in Hannover and died there, a long way from his home town but would like to find out more. I understand that records from the Krankenbuchlager in Berlin are no longer accessible - is that still the case? Would there be any records from Lazaretts in Hannover?
Thanks for any pointers.
Greygirl
Lloyd (Ystumtuen, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn) Powell (Rhondda, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanspyddid) Yearsley (Monmouth, Ruardean) Faust (Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund & Waltersbrück/Bischhausen) Führen (Eschweiler, Duisburg and Kranenburg/Grafwegen)