Author Topic: McBurnie and Irving's  (Read 8728 times)

drakes

Re: McBurnie and Irving's
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 July 05 13:57 BST (UK) »
I wish!! then I might have a lead - but my Hannah/Hannay is in Kirkcudbright, and married Robert Cairns.
  it is the Cairns family/KKD that I am tracking -  :) :) Yesterday I had access to ancestry.com and looked quickly in their records (while searching for Cairns) for McBurnies - found 7 matches in the Kirkcud/Wigtown for 1684 (just let me know if of any interest), and did very quick look in Scotlandspeople for McBurnie & Hannah in Parish marriage records - only one yield - not your time frame. I didn't view it.

but, I will keep a look out - and, if I find my Hanna is connected will definitely contact you.

thanks,
 drakes

Offline johnstonefemale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 July 05 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Tom,

Your McBurnie surname interests me as I have the following;
 David McBURNIE Laurie b. Oct.9/ 1832 Troqueer, son of John LAURIE & Mary JOHNSTONE. This John Laurie was b. 1811 Carluke, and Mary Johnstone b. also 1811 Dumfries, daughter of Christopher & Winifred JOHNSTONE.
Don't know where the middle name MCBURNIE came from, any ideas?

Gloria

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 July 05 02:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Gloria
The only possibility That I could figure out would be ( mabe John
Laurie was married befor ) and his first wife was a mcburnie ???
It seems the middle name follows the mothers line. There was a lot of lady's died at child birth in those days. Thats the way it's been in my family so far. Sure makes it easyer to track children. I might also mention My mothers side of family is
Johnston /Johnstone. The newer generation go's by johnston
and older generations go by johnstone ??? I cant track them back to scotland yet though.
McBurnie,Lawson,Marshal,Irving,Coupland,Glover,Whitehouse,Hanna,Gibson,Partington  searching both scotland and lanashire. barrow-in-furness area

Offline johnstonefemale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 July 05 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Know that my Mary Johnstone died in 1851. Here are all the names of children born to Mary & John Laurie.

David McBurnie Laurie b. 1832 Troqueer
Mary Scott Laurie b. 1835 Leeds
William Johnston Laurie b. 1839 Leeds
John Laurie b. 1842 Leeds

Gloria

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 July 05 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Gloria
You might find this interesting ??
I,ve found a David McBurnie that married
Margaret Johnstone on Nov.20 1831 in Troqueer. Its in the IGI batch no# M118825
I havent checked this out yet but there first male child "might" have been named after his father. The father might have died ?  and your Mary / Margaret remarried or ??? both parents might have died and your mary took the child to raise herself. Theres lots of possibilitys . Isent this a fun hobby  ;D
In the IGI Batch no# (  Hellon McBurnie who married Thomas Coupland is mine.
McBurnie,Lawson,Marshal,Irving,Coupland,Glover,Whitehouse,Hanna,Gibson,Partington  searching both scotland and lanashire. barrow-in-furness area

Offline johnstonefemale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 23 July 05 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your info, but don't think so as children born to John and Mary Laurie nee: Johnstone were born from;
1832 to 1842. Mary died 1851.

Where do your Johnstone's fit in. Mine are from Dumfries as far back as 1750.

Gloria