Author Topic: Andrew Oliver - Northumberland  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Oliver - Northumberland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 08:45 BST (UK) »
Quote:Based on census information my 3rd great grandfather Andrew Oliver was born around 1818 at Hepscott, so I think he may have been baptized 8 Jun 1817 in Morpeth to Thomas Oliver and Alice.

There are no Thomas Oliver's marrying any Alice's on the NBL marriages 1812-1837 CD. So before 1812?

If it's the 1808 marriage to Alice Carr, any children baptised between 1808 and 1812 should have details for the parents birth parishes as they fall in the "Barrington Period". The 1808 marriage details might have good clues too, if you are lucky:-)

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 09:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying Ruskie and identifying the gap. I can see I am going to be spending some time on the Hartburn microfilm when I go over on holiday.

Good tip Gen. I had not thought about the extra information in the Barrington period maybe being helpful for this little puzzle. I will see if I can find any baby Olivers for Thomas and Alice before 1812 and will be following up the marriage record in my holidays.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 09:54 BST (UK) »
Well Gen, it looks like your bright idea has cracked my problem with wondering whether my Andrew belonged to Thomas Oliver and Alice Carr. Although they married in Wallsend they producing on a regular basis in Morpeth parish: Ann, Jane, 2 Alices and a first Andrew before mine. The records for Ann and Jane give mother's full name (mangled to Cam and Carp by transcribers, but nevertheless the lady in question). Thanks again. Simple solution really but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees. Just takes someone to set me back on the right track.

So now that I have a new set of 4th great grandparents on my maternal side with Thomas Oliver and Alice Carr I am now off on the trail of the next four up the line and very curious to see whether Alice will turn out to be a relative of the Carrs I have in Longbenton on my Dad's side.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn