Author Topic: Lost Souls in the USA - please help if you can.  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Souls in the USA - please help if you can.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 19:30 BST (UK) »
WWII Draft Reg Card
Harry Henry, born March 5, 1882, Indiana.

So, the previous entry for Emma Terrell is not for Emma Test.  Sorry.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Possible burial for Alice Howell listed here - http://gis.lawrenceks.org/viewer/index.html?config=config-cem.xml

Shelley, thank you for the link to Alice Howell but unfortunately it appears to be broken - I'm unable to open it.
Can you tell me what it says please or from where I could get a copy of the information, I'd really like to see what it says.

Shelley & Lisa, thanks also both, for the info re the Finn family.

Do you know if there are any previous 1870 or 1880 census records for Thomas Finn (might be shown as James Thomas or Thomas James) or Emma Test?

Also, is it possible that there are any burial records for Rosehill for all the  3 people please?
Thomas Finn 1893
Emma Finn 1913
Harry J Finn 1908

Your help is really appreciated, I'm beginning to feel that we just might eventually get the information on our relatives that we've been looking for, for so long.

Thanks again

barbara.
Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 21:20 BST (UK) »
Possible burial for Alice Howell listed here - http://gis.lawrenceks.org/viewer/index.html?config=config-cem.xml

Seems to be working okay for me Barbara   ???

Howell Alice Mary
Burial Date 10/15/71
Lot Owner Howell Alice Mary
Cemetery - Oak Hill - Section 4 - Lot Info Reserve Grave 214  - Row : Grave 214 - Lot ID 13556

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara:

According to information on the internet, Rosehill has strict privacy rules.  From what I read, one has to be directly related to the deceased in order to obtain information.  I can find the link again, which explains more.  (I literally just deleted the link.)

I tried looking for Emma prior to 1900 and have not yet found her.  I didn't look for Thomas J/James T yet.  Perhaps he may be easier to find.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 21:22 BST (UK) »
Link regarding Rosehill:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=107767
I assume this is the "same" Rosehill" where the Finns are buried?

Alice Howell link works for me as well; it did take awhile to open it, though.  (But, I have an old computer.)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa, thanks for the Find a Grave link. Yes, We believe all 3 'Finns' are buried there. It would have been nice to know if there is a gravestone though but after reading about the cemetery rules etc it appears it's not too easy to find out.

Also, re Alice Mary Howell.

I still cannot open the link Lisa.

As you have been able to open it, can you tell me what the information is please/

Thanks

Barbara.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:12 BST (UK) »
The information that is there for Alice is what Sandra mentioned above with date of burial and plot location. 

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra, my apologies , I completely missed the info you sent re the burial location of Alice Mary Howell.

Thanks so much for that - excuse possibly silly question but  I take it that the Oakhill Cemetery mentioned is in Lawrence?

It would be good to somehow get more details of the Interment etc.

Also, would it be possible for me to obtain a copy of her death certificate? Can you tell me where I might get it from please?

That would settle one of the long term gaps in our family history.

I really appreciate your time on this.

Thanks very much.

Barbara.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 23 July 14 01:01 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure if a death certificate would exist for that time frame.  This says that few counties in Kansas kept death records then:  http://www.kshs.org/p/genealogy-vital-records-in-kansas/11313

I think the easiest/least expensive way to get the internment details may be from the Family History Library photoduplication service I mentioned above.