Author Topic: Clara Eugenie Rose  (Read 599 times)

Offline crab4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Clara Eugenie Rose
« on: Tuesday 22 July 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
Firstly I hope I'm in the right place. Sorry if not.
I am looking for Clara Eugenie Rose Born  11.08.1903 at 198 Albert road North Woolwich
Parents George Rose Mother Caroline Belton From Birth Cert
1901 Census Found
George aged 34
Caroline aged 32
Eliz aged 14
George aged 12
William aged 8
Ellen aged 4
Caroline aged 0
!911 Census
George Rose aged 45 Widower Caroline died 1910
George aged 22
No Eliz
William aged 18
Caroline aged 10
This is where I expect to see Clare Eugenie but nothing
Berthe aged 5
May aged 2
It's as if a cert was issued then she disappeared in 1927 she gave birth to a boy In 1984 she died. Perhaps someone could have a look in census my eyes are clouded many thanks 8)
Davies-Davis Shropshire
Thorn-Thorne Wincester
Walker Rickmansworth
Roppert Czech
Rayner.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Eugenie Rose
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:06 BST (UK) »
Was she single or married when she gave birth to the boy and was she single or married when you found her death record?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi crab4

I'm sorry but 1911 census look-ups are not allowed here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=355486.0

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:14 BST (UK) »
Two suggestions for being missing in 1911:

She was in a hospital some where and has been recorded just by initials.

She was staying with sister Elizabeth, who perhaps married and has been recorded under her name.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:15 BST (UK) »
Since you have found the 1911 record yourself I suggest you read it more carefully. You will find that the mother has died and most of the family are living with one of the daughters and her husband. You will probably find that your missing Clara has been farmed out to another family member. Try other grown up siblings or aunts, uncles or grandparents to see if you can find her.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:25 BST (UK) »
Well spotted Craclyn, so not with Elizabeth.  ;D

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:36 BST (UK) »
The rest of them are with Elizabeth who has married, but Clara is not there.

Offline crab4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:40 BST (UK) »
 No Marriage record found. I will have a look at grandparents. However the rest of the family is in tack and one would think the younger ones would of been farmed out to relatives.
Davies-Davis Shropshire
Thorn-Thorne Wincester
Walker Rickmansworth
Roppert Czech
Rayner.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:42 BST (UK) »
Not necessarily. Dad might have wanted to keep the very little ones with himself and oldest sister. Clara was probably old enough to cope with being sent elsewhere. My granny was sent off at age 12 to keep house for her widowed uncle and three young cousins, whilst her big sister age 13 stayed at home to keep house for their widowed father and a host of young siblings. Prioirities were different then.