Author Topic: German postcard needing deciphering and possibly translating? Completed Thanks!  (Read 1202 times)

Offline vinpip

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thanks for your interest Rudolph. It is very much appreciated :D

It is proving to be a bit of a mystery. I haven't been able to delve much into my German side of my family tree as I am ashamed to say I never learnt to speak German properly. The whole German side of research seems quite complicated but I do hope to try and make some headway soon.

There seems to be a gap between what I know and what records are available. I know my Great Grandfather was Heinrich Fredrich Lübbe born in Moisling, Lübeck about 1880 and married Caroline Magdalena Elisabeth ? born about the same in Levzow, Moisling. (The locations do confuse me) They had my Oma, Käthe Frieda Emma Lübbe in 1905. Apart from that I'm pretty clueless.

Do you have any advice as to how I can go about starting my research? I've had a look at the link you gave but it seems quite confusing also. I will be having another look to see if I can fathom it out.

Thanks again Rudolf you've been brilliant :D

Modified - Perhaps I should ask for this to be moved to Europe section? How do I do that?