Author Topic: Completed with Thanks - Is this the same girl?  (Read 730 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same girl?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 15:07 BST (UK) »
And it's a 'yes' from me. :)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
......me too ;D the school photo is maybe a year or two later but the hairline and facial shape, jawline ,nose the same
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
THANK YOU so much everyone!  It's great to get other people's opinions and you all seem to agree, so I now feel confident to put a name to the photo ... Pat! 

That being the case I also think the building in the background, which looks like a workhouse or hospital of sorts, could be the old Woolwich Road Workhouse/Vanbrugh Hill Infirmary in Greenwich, London, which at the time of this photo (late 1940s) was called St Alfege's Hospital. 

Looking at old maps I feel the photo could possibly have been taken from the back garden of 2 or 4 Woolwich Road.  If anyone out there strongly disagrees or has any other ideas, please let me know.  Pat lived in the SE London area, including Catford, Deptford and Greenwich, hence my thoughts on the building in the background. 

Thanks again everyone!  Nina