Author Topic: George Everett & Agnes Greenacre, missing in the 1901 Census?!  (Read 8372 times)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Everett & Agnes Greenacre, missing in the 1901 Census?!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 January 15 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have found back to george everett's great grandfather.

George Everett 15/4/1877
His parents: george (16/12/1849) and Frances Ann (c.1855) both born brightlingsea according to census. Can't find Frances Ann's baptism or their marriage.

George born 1849's parents: george Everett and mary Ann root. Married 6/12/1848. George's father John burgess Everett. Mary Ann's father was samuel. I found a marriage between samuel root and sarah boutell 8/4/1815. Haven't found Mary's or George's baptisms yet though, so can't prove this is the right samuel root.

1861 census has George b.1849 living with his grandfather, John burgess Everett. John married to sarah. Haven't found marriage, but did find baptisms of their 12 children (7 boys and five girls) 2 girls seem to have died in infancy. Several of George (married to mary Ann root) siblings married and having children in brightlingsea.

Would be well worth taking a day's subscription to essex records online as loads of your everetts are in there.
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline weefamilytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 May 15 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Trefor, that's really interesting!  :)
Do you have any further information on George Frederic and Nellie Maud, who were your grandfather George's children from his first marriage to Agnes, as I can't seem to find much information on them at all. In the family bible you have, is there any information about George's other children from his second marriage to Beatrice Ella? Any further information on the Everett's would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Alice
Everett - Essex
Newman - Essex

Offline trefor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 31 May 15 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi ?
Sorry have made no progress on George & Agnes as yet. On the other question have only last week been putting names to faces on a photo which has the whole family in it, that is George, Beatrice and all children.. Doing this for my kids while I can remember who is who. Also trying to put as much info about each as I can. Bit rough at moment but welcome to a copy when done if any interest. Notice you were also interested in family name Newman. Any relation to my aunty Gwen & uncle Alf?
Trefor

Offline clever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 January 16 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Just searching Trefors name and found this search and wondered if you had any success finding details of George Frederick and Nellie Maud as I have a limited amount which may or may not add to yours.
Sorry if this is old news

Offline weefamilytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 January 16 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for the reply! I know a little bit about them, when they were born and where etc... But have no idea what happened to them after the 1911 census. Any information is always helpful! :)
Alice
Everett - Essex
Newman - Essex

Offline clever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 January 16 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Nellie Maude married Frederick William Robert Beck and died 21 Nov 1995 I think in New Zealand but need to confirm this.
Will have to let you know re George Frederick as cannot get to records at the moment but I do know he appears on the 1911 census as George Everitt and mother transcribed as Ames Louisa Everitt.
Hope it some help

Offline clever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 18 January 16 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry meant appears on 1901 census as stated