Author Topic: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium  (Read 21863 times)

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium Family History
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that Leen. Yesterday I was getting so frustrated as I was searching the registers but hopping from one section to another trying to find where one index started and the next began. Wish they had done them year by year instead of say 1846-1853. Mind you keeping checking my date list you sent thru so now which year is which!!

I'm surprised just how ell they have survived and the amount of nformation on them. I also found out where Nellie might have stayed in Stourbridge when she arrived from Belgium. So I know something about her.

Kind Regards
Pam

P.S. I am also going to check the police files as I believe that if they didn't come from Antwerp (Brussels) then they would have had a file? well that is my understanding but I may have read it wrong. I will double check what I read just to be sure lol

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Nelly
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 14:45 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Hi Leen

Can you tell I am happy! Thanks to your help I have managed to find Josepha's death and the index at the Belgian State Archives for Petrus' death.Just wanted to ask will his death certificate be in the same book or do I have to go back to Antwerpen books.

Just another thing, you'll never believe what a small world it is. Just been to the chemist to get an eye wash for my husband as has got something in his eye from gardening. Talking to an old friend Sheena and she said I looked Stressed ::) What do I look that bad lol Told her I am researching in Belgium as she knows I am doing my family history and that was struggling with the Dutch language and she then said that her assistant's husband was Dutch!!!!! Well I never right on my doorstep lol!!

Kind Regards
Pam

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 15:19 BST (UK) »
 ??? Hi Leen I don't know what I am doing wrong!!  I am on the Belgian State archves and found the reference no for Petrus (It's on Page 32 No 4128) I went onto Page 39 (Last page showing) and pressed Volgende (Next?) to get the next set of pages etc so I can jump thru to No 4128 but it won't let me go any further than this??? yet it says there are 777 scans. Mmmm  what do you suggest I do I'm sure I am doing the right thing but nothing happens when I press Volgende.
Kid Regards
Pam

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 15:25 BST (UK) »
 :) Aw Leen Just had a thought. You said I needed No 1 of the 1901-1910 Tienjarige tafel so I presume this is the index A-D that would make sense as it stops at No 39 with D.

If that is the case he I presume I now need to go to the actual book the record is in? Will this be in the State Archives or shall I go back to Antwerpen Civil Records?
Sorry to be a nuisance but it is like relearning family history all over again for me!
Pam x

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Nelly
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 15:57 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Hi Leen

Can you tell I am happy! Thanks to your help I have managed to find Josepha's death and the index at the Belgian State Archives for Petrus' death.Just wanted to ask will his death certificate be in the same book or do I have to go back to Antwerpen books.

Just another thing, you'll never believe what a small world it is. Just been to the chemist to get an eye wash for my husband as has got something in his eye from gardening. Talking to an old friend Sheena and she said I looked Stressed ::) What do I look that bad lol Told her I am researching in Belgium as she knows I am doing my family history and that was struggling with the Dutch language and she then said that her assistant's husband was Dutch!!!!! Well I never right on my doorstep lol!!

Kind Regards
Pam

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Nelly
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen

I went back & looked at the Family Search Deaths Antwerpen for 1902 but only found the index. Again Petrus was there ...but so was his daughter in law Ann (nee Gallemaert)! so two deaths same year how lucky was that. So still not sure how to look at the actual death certificates ???

Pam x

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 17:05 BST (UK) »
Well done Pam  :D
you were on the page  ‘Gedigitaliseerde archiefdocumenten’, the page with the thumbnail images, that says 39 pages with a total of 777 scans. 
39 is the last page here. These pages give an overview of the scans in the register. verry handy e.g. when you are looking for a yearly index in a birth register that’s spans several years. 
When you click on a thumbmail image you get the actual register (fullscreen).  The pink thumbnail is where the register starts.  Peter is listed on image 625 of the index, the reference year 1902 cert n° 4128 as you said. 

You are right, it’s the A-D index (Aan de Kerk- up to - Deguine),  you can see this on the page Archiefbeschrijving (the blue box).
Altough the civil births and marriages registers of the city Antwerp are on the Belgian State Archives, the civil death registers are not, so you must look on familysearch.

You should search for the entry number (Akte n°)  which is listed in the margin  of the certs

death Gallemaert Anna     
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-21075-28690-64?cc=2138481&wc=321Y-82Q:1007785401,1008011501

death Danckaert Petrus
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-21075-28236-74?cc=2138481&wc=321Y-82Q:1007785401,1008011501

Carolus Ludovicus Danckaert  married a second time,  see Antwerpen Burgerlijke stand huwelijksakten : tienjarige tafel on the Belgian State Archives

groetjes
Leen

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Petrus
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen

Thanks for the info. I realise now that Belgian State is an A-Z Index but very handy hint  :) will use that again.

Found Petrus death and have both Parents and witness (?) his brother Constanius. His Birth I tink is Coxy in the province of West Flanders. Gone to births in West Flanders but no Coxy!!! I googled Coxy and it came up as a place in West Flanders so my question is where all places indexed, hoe so otherwise I am stuck....once again.
Gaynor  x

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 20:47 BST (UK) »
Leen

Sorry I have signed off with my username pam hope I haven't confused you lol it's been a long day ;D
Gaynor x