Author Topic: advice please Elizabeth Jane Mabon 1879-82  (Read 15356 times)

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: advice please Elizabeth Jane Mabon 1879-82
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 July 14 00:58 BST (UK) »
Again from the Morpeth Herald 13th April 1907 "In loving memory of Mary Ridley daughter of Thomas and Margaret Matthewson who died at Blyth on April 14th 1906, aged 5 years."

The Morpeth Herald is quite well covered on the British Newspaper Archive. You can search for free once registered but have to pay to look at full articles. It is also on Find My Past.

I have looked for a death for James Cain but have drawn a blank in the time frame suggested. Could they have become estranged? I note that Robert, presumably Elizabeth Jane's brother is shown in the 1891 and 1901 census with Jane Mabon/Cain. His birth registration would appear to be as Robert Mabon Morpeth Oct - Dec q 1890. In the 1891 census he is shown as Robert Lee Mabon. Might be worth obtaining his birth cert at some stage as well as he might well turn out to be a half brother.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 31 July 14 01:18 BST (UK) »
Again from the Morpeth Herald 13th April 1907 "In loving memory of Mary Ridley daughter of Thomas and Margaret Matthewson who died at Blyth on April 14th 1906, aged 5 years."

The Morpeth Herald is quite well covered on the British Newspaper Archive. You can search for free once registered but have to pay to look at full articles. It is also on Find My Past.

I have looked for a death for James Cain but have drawn a blank in the time frame suggested. Could they have become estranged? I note that Robert, presumably Elizabeth Jane's brother is shown in the 1891 and 1901 census with Jane Mabon/Cain. His birth registration would appear to be as Robert Mabon Morpeth Oct - Dec q 1890. In the 1891 census he is shown as Robert Lee Mabon. Might be worth obtaining his birth cert at some stage as well as he might well turn out to be a half brother.

William

Thank you William they are all great finds. Roberts birth records could be worth looking at. I`m trying to find death records for Jane Mabon/Cain and James Cain but having no luck so far.

Susan

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 31 July 14 01:31 BST (UK) »
From Free BMD

Deaths Mar 1903   

Mabon  William  72  Morpeth  10b 264

William Jnr   maybe ?

Deaths Dec 1905   

Mabon  William  38  Morpeth  10b 247

Thanks Jan I think you have William senior and William Jnr.  :)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 31 July 14 08:15 BST (UK) »
Don't forget that there are no official adoption records before 1929 so SHOULD it turn out that Elizabeth was taken in to be brought up by her grandparents it would have been an informal arrangement.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 31 July 14 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a death for Jane Cain b 1858 in the Jun q 1917 Morpeth.

The Morpeth Herald 16 Dec 1905 has a lengthy report regarding the inquest into the death of William Mabon . It is a very sad story. One of the witnesses is his sister Jane Mabon ,  of Clayton Street, Bedlington Station. (This is the same street address as in the 1901 census). I can pm you more detail if you wish.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 31 July 14 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a death for Jane Cain b 1858 in the Jun q 1917 Morpeth.

The Morpeth Herald 16 Dec 1905 has a lengthy report regarding the inquest into the death of William Mabon . It is a very sad story. One of the witnesses is his sister Jane Mabon ,  of Clayton Street, Bedlington Station. (This is the same street address as in the 1901 census). I can pm you more detail if you wish.

William

Hi William the death for Jane Cain seems to be our Jane. Thank you so much for that :)

Yes please I`d like to take a look at that report for William Jr

Susan

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 07 August 14 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All I now have the Marriage Certificate for Thomas Brown and Elizabeth Jane Mabon. Here goes hope this works

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 07 August 14 00:23 BST (UK) »
Well that wasn`t what I was expecting  :-\

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 August 14 07:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for posting that. The marriage certificate does show that Elizabeth did not consider William Mabon born 1831, who was still alive, to be her father. She has taken her age down a bit, too to 19 [born 1881 - 1882] - she was 2 on the 1881 census, so actually born 1878 - 1879. The lack of father's names certainly does not help your search for the Huntington's gene.

Perhaps the death certificate of Elizabeth Jane Brown of 1919 aged 36 is the next best step to see what her cause of death was; perhaps also the Jane Cain death of 1917 aged 59.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON