Author Topic: David Richard/Richards of Strygosfawr, Lledrod.  (Read 77343 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Richard/Richards of Strygosfawr, Lledrod.
« Reply #495 on: Friday 03 February 17 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Now I am confused.I didn't think Joseph Davies had his own family.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: Friday 03 February 17 20:59 GMT (UK) »
  I meant to say our 'unknown Davies', married to the 'unknown  Richards woman', the parents of Joseph and Amelia. The child-death Elizabeth from 1798, (Lledrod), could have been their sibling.
                                                 Regards, Peter
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: Sunday 05 February 17 23:35 GMT (UK) »
I've found a sequence for the Joseph Davies of Hafodygofen,nephew to David Davies(probable son of Joseph Davies 1780 will).He looks to be the son of Daniel Davies(1815 Penlan,Caron"intestate" will) and Averinah(1828 will,Caron).

As usual,I can't find a marriage yet,that might give Averinah's maiden name.Clutching at straws again I know but Averinah was a name in the  Ffosybleiddiad Richards family.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: Monday 06 February 17 08:39 GMT (UK) »
In my excitement I forgot he was an executor in 1806 and therefore probably too old to be Joseph(1794),but I'll see if I can get a date fix anyway.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: Monday 06 February 17 13:12 GMT (UK) »
 I spent the weekend listing what we know about Joseph Davies. We have his dates, 1794-1872, that he was born in Lledrod, was unmarried and had a sister Amelia (1796) and a possible sister in the infant Elizabeth Davies, (1798-98). Joseph and Elizabeth are buried in St. Michael's, Lledrod. He lived at Ynysberfedd before the 1834 will of Edward, until his death in 1872.
 A good read of the tithe book for Lledrod of 1798 shows a number of Davies families living in the area but our attempts to link them to Joseph have failed. The closest farm to Ynysberfedd with a Davies family in 1798 is Llwynbeudy, (Llwynbedni in book). The tenant is David Davies. He dies in 1806, intestate, so we know that his wife was Mary Davies, (1760-1817), but that's all.
  Hypotheses. If Owen Davies, (buried with Jane at St. Michael's), was David's brother and they were at this farm, together with their son and his wife plus Joseph and Amelia, then there would be no record of them at all. Neither Owen nor Joseph's father would appear as 'Head' as long as Mary is alive and this helps to explain the lack of detail. Joseph and Amelia are shown as born in Lledrod. I think that Joseph's burial alongside Owen and Jane at St. Michael's is more than a coincidence and David and Owen Davies must have been about the same age. (They die 5 years apart).
  I don't think that we can squeeze any more info from what is available to us for this thread of the Richards family..
 Close reading of the tithe book shows Richard Richards, (D 1812),the brother of David of Tynllan, living just a few meters from him at Tynant Ucha. Living at Tynant Issa is yet another David Richards who is probably Richard's son. David Tynllan's son David is only 7 years old at this date.
                                                       regards, Peter.

Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 08:35 GMT (UK) »
  New day, new idea.
 Using the traits of the rest of the Richards family, Edward, John and James, the three brothers are shown with birth dates of 1758-1759-1763, they marry in the 1790s, (Edward in 1800) and have their first children straight away.
 I've searched the St. Michael burials from 1800 to 1830 for a female Davies with a birth-date that shows her born around 1758-1763 ...There are just two.
            Elizabeth Davies 1766-1824, and Margaret Davies 1762-1818.
 Both are candidates as being the unknown Richards woman; Elizabeth, because the mother was named Elizabeth, and Margaret, because she fits into the 1759-63 gap.
 Do your Church records give details of spouses etc?
  (Noticeable in my search is the level of infant deaths at that time and there is the infant Elizabeth Davies in 1798).
                                      Regards, Peter

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Will look later today-hospital visit with my father shortly.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 21:42 GMT (UK) »
I don't have any extra information on the two "candidates" of your last posting I'm afraid.I will,however,look back at the posting before that as I've not really given that any significant attention so far.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Something else has popped up in the graveyard search that is a similar hypotheses to the one above. A grave of William Davies, D1799 that includes a Joseph.
 We know William Davies of Penbryn and his Indent links to the Richards family. His mother was Elizabeth and his father, William. The grave only gives his date of death so his birthdate is unknown.
 Hypotheses. William of Penlan, D1799, has a son, Joseph. He marries the Richards woman in 1793 and they have the son, Joseph. Speculation that the Elizabeth Davies, (1766-1824) is the Richards woman fits, especially if the infant death of an Elizabeth Davies, (1798) is taken as being of the same family. No proof, as usual but that's the way it is in Lledrod past.
                                                        Regards, Peter.