Author Topic: Re EPAPHRODITUS CLINDENNING  (Read 4831 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Epaphrodetus Clendeining
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 09:06 GMT (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Epaphrodetus Clendeining
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 10:23 GMT (UK) »
What book was it?

Here's the relevant page of the book Cathy_Aus referred to https://archive.org/details/houseofglendowyn00clin/page/n153

I can't see any evidence provided in the book that Epaphroditus 'left issue'.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re EPAPHRODITUS CLINDENNING
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you.

Always worth going back to the 'sources'.

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 13 November 19 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have read this post time and time again. Going by what we know in 1851 census we had
Sarah Clendeining   Head   46   Ireland
Maria Clendeining   Daughter   14   Ireland
Jane Clendeining   Daughter   16   Ireland
Samuel Clendeining   Son   22   Ireland
Epaphrodetus Clendeining Son 12   Ireland

We all know that according to trees on Ancestry there are 8 children born to Samuel and Sarah IF THEY CAN BE TRUSTED???

Missing in 1851 are  William Talbot c 1825, John c1826, Elizabeth Ann c 1828 and Edmond c1838

The fact that Edmond is missing I wonder if EPAPHRODITUS may have called himself Edward. There's a marriage of an Edward GLINDENING to an Annie Butler on the 28th May 1867 at the parish church Liverpool. Edward is a ship's steward , of full age, his father is Samuel GLINDENING-OCC-SURGEON.This fits nicely with what we know about the father. Children of Edward and Annie appear to be with mmn Butler are
1 Edward born c 1868 --cannot find birth registration
2Elizabeth Jane (GLENDENNING) 1869-1869
3 Arthur William (GLENDENING 1871.

Arthur and Edward can be found on 1881 census RG11 3671 60 43 with their grandmother Ann Butler.
Arthur can be found in 1891 RG12 2979 13 20.

There is another marriage of an Edward GLENDENNING (widower) to a Jane Kelly on the 11th Feb 1880 at St Saviours Church, Everton Walton on the Hill. This Edward is also a ships steward, OFF FULL AGE, and his father is also Samuel GLENDENNING- Deceased. There appear to be at least 8 various spellings of GLINDINNING/KELLY births in West Derby between 1880-1893.

I wonder if others can follow this and try and see if what I have put is a load of wrong info or add and find deaths for Edward and Jane (and Annie) and possibly marriages of any children born to them.

John

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 14 November 19 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Further to my last post I do not think the second marriage ie Edward/Jane is the same Edward. The baptisms of the 3 children Edward, Elizabeth Jane, and Arthur William all show Edward as a ship's steward. Ann appears with son Edward on 1871 census rg10 3820 11 15, father probably away at sea. After that cannot trace either Ann of Edward senior. Just wish I could find Edward seniors age.

John

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 14 November 19 11:44 GMT (UK) »
There is another marriage of an Edward GLENDENNING (widower) to a Jane Kelly on the 11th Feb 1880 at St Saviours Church, Everton Walton on the Hill. This Edward is also a ships steward, OFF FULL AGE, and his father is also Samuel GLENDENNING- Deceased. There appear to be at least 8 various spellings of GLINDINNING/KELLY births in West Derby between 1880-1893.

Just following up on this one: address on the marriage is 65 Rishton Street.

1881 census
RG11 / 3670/135/48

65 Rishton Street, Everton

Jane Glendenny, wife, mar, 25, (ship stewards wife) none, Scotland
Edward do, son 6 mo, Lancashire, Liverpool

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 14 November 19 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Further to my last post I do not think the second marriage ie Edward/Jane is the same Edward. The baptisms of the 3 children Edward, Elizabeth Jane, and Arthur William all show Edward as a ship's steward. Ann appears with son Edward on 1871 census rg10 3820 11 15, father probably away at sea. After that cannot trace either Ann of Edward senior. Just wish I could find Edward seniors age.

John

I think you are right.

Jane and son Edward Glendenny of the 1881 census, can be found complete with husband Edward Glendenning and three other children, William, Adam and Charles in 1881. RG 12 / 2985/ 104/14

Importantly, Edward senior's age is 34 (i.e. born c. 1857) and his birthplace Liverpool.

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 14 November 19 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering JenB what you think of the first marriage, any comments
John