Author Topic: Re EPAPHRODITUS CLINDENNING  (Read 4828 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re EPAPHRODITUS CLINDENNING
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 16 November 19 10:38 GMT (UK) »
It's certainly interesting given the father's name and occupation, and a name change would account for the 'disappearance' of Epaphroditus.

It would be good to hear from Cathy on the subject  :-\
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Cats1723

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 10 June 23 02:10 BST (UK) »
One of my ancestors was Dr Epaphroditus Young born 1794 or thereabouts.  Diocese of Ossory Leinster Ireland, died 2 Jan 1865 at about age 71 in Croydon , Surrey, England, United Kingdom. he was a medical doctor, who studied at the University of Edinburgh, he married in 1819 Mary Freeman at Diocese of Ossory, Leinster, Ireland.

From the posts here, about Sarah GLINDENING, I think that my Epaphroditus Young was her brother.
 In the early 1860's,he wrote a letter to his grandson, my great grandfather, in this letter, he wrote that he was related to  Sir William "1st Baronet of Bailieborough Castle" Young, unfortunately he did not say how, and even more frustrating he did not elaborate on his closer relatives, he most likely  have written more letters to his grandson that have not survived.

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 10 June 23 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Cats
Thanks for your Reply  Lovely to Hear from you    Interested too if u have Done Dna  We might Very Well Connect  As This Line goes Back to Glendinning From Downpatrick Co Down   My gggrandfather Was Rev Jon C Clendinnen Born 1770 Downpatrick Co Down   Have u Read the Book *House Of Glendonwyn* Re Our Ancestors
Regards
Cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Online Cats1723

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 10 June 23 23:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, no I have not done any DNA tests, as far as I understand from these posts, Sarah was my ancestor's sister, all her descendants would be related to me (barring an NPE) The Glindennings (and various spellings)  would be in laws to me.

Although I knew a lot about  Epaphroditus Young for many years,  well before the internet days, I am still uncertain of his parents, Ancestry trees are a mess.  I put it into the too hard basket. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what relationship he did have with the Youngs  of Bailieborough , No luck there.

A lot of the descendants of Epaphroditus Young through his daughter Anna Maria Young are on Wikitree.

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 14 August 23 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Cats
Apologise For Late Reply But would really like to Discuss this Further with u Re EPAPHRODITUS CLINDENNING  Have any of your Family Associated With Him Done Dna tESTS?Ignore spellings too ive found many Different Spellings of my Clendinnen Lot including Glendinning/Clindinning Etc
Regards
Cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton