Author Topic: Missing Grave  (Read 1630 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Grave
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 August 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
The references are for the book & folio numbers for register of deaths for the registration district West Derby that quarter of 1908 and are used if you want to order the death certificate from the GRO [General Register Office] costing £10. The death certificate will give date & place of death, sex, age, occupation, cause of death, informant's name & address, when registered & registrar's name. There is no certainty that this record is your Ann Langley; she have not been living in the West Derby district. Have you found your grandmother on the 1901 census?

I thought you knew the burial place was St Austin's? Or were you asking in case the burial place might confirm or not whether this death record is the correct one?

Definitely your best bet to find the grave is to follow Marie's advice & go to the Liverpool Records Office as they have the cemetery records.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline mfis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 August 14 13:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Josey. Yes the burial place was St Austin's. I just wondered if it would be mentioned on the records
I think they lived around Aigburth, Allerton way
Thank you so much for your help
Regards
Marie

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 August 14 14:15 BST (UK) »
She says my Grandad was born around 1904. His Mum died when he was 2. So looking around 1904-1907ish period
Just to say it's your great grandmother's burial you're looking for then  ;) not grandmother's as per original post.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 August 14 14:30 BST (UK) »
Recently I discovered that the bodies of my husbands grandfather and uncle had been moved in London, they were given a communal grave burial but the people were listed by the local council, have you tried the cemetery to see if this happened to your ancestors

Offline mfis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 August 14 14:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks Josey. Yes you're right 😄
Joles, the rest of the family are buried at St Mary's Woolton. My Mum and Uncle say my Great Grandmother was reburied in ? Allerton. But thanks for the thought. It's worth pursuing. I definitely will take that into consideration
Regards
Marie