Author Topic: Isaac Thomas, tailor, Ffarmers, Caio  (Read 3026 times)

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isaac Thomas, tailor, Ffarmers, Caio
« on: Tuesday 28 June 05 17:10 BST (UK) »
I'm researching the history of my great, grandfather Isaac Thomas, a tailor who lived in the village of Ffarmers in the parish of Conwyl Gaeo, Carmarthenshire, died early in the C20th.  I believe the line goes back to a woolen mill in the parish of Cilycwm, where Isaac's grandfather, also named Isaac Thomas worked.

Any information out there?
Interested in Tŷ Mawr, Cellan and Davies family.  I'm related to Joseph Davies and Rachel Davies both buried in the church yard.  Joseph died c 1833 and Rachel in the 1780s

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Thomas, tailor, Ffarmers, Caio
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm not too sure of what kind of information you are after, or what you already have, but I have traced ISAAC THOMAS Tailor on all census returns 1871-1901, do you have this info, or would you like it.
The only other ISAAC I have found so far that could be the grandfather is a Farmer in Carmarthenshire, also I can find no parish calles Ffarmers in Conwil Cayo Have you any dates at all?
look forward to hearing from you
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 18:33 BST (UK) »
Will get back to you
Interested in Tŷ Mawr, Cellan and Davies family.  I'm related to Joseph Davies and Rachel Davies both buried in the church yard.  Joseph died c 1833 and Rachel in the 1780s

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 18:33 BST (UK) »
will get back to you

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 22:27 BST (UK) »
Anne

Ffarmers is a village in the parish of Conwyl Gaeo in Carmarthenshire.
I've got the censuses all the way back to 1851 when Isaac was a boy of 3.   

For some reason the father is named John JONES, tailor, born in Cilycwm which is a neighbouring parish.  Later marriage and death certifcates show John is Issac's father.  Why his surname is Jones on the censuses is a question I'd like answered.

Isaac's grandfather was a carder and weaver.  The family lived in Llwynhelig, a water mill in the village.  I have these in the 1841 and subsequent censuses.

Offline Hywgete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Maybe this will be of interest to you.

Death & Funeral of
Isaac Thomas
Carmarthen Journal
July 31 1925
The death occurred Tuesday last week of Mr Isaac Thomas, tailor, a native of Ffaldybrenin was 77 years of age and had only recently come to live with his son-in-law and daughter. His aged wife, who now mourns his loss was with him to the end. On Saturday last a large number of people accompanied the funeral to the burial ground of the Welsh Congregationalists at Ffaldybrenin. There, the cortege was met by almost all the inhabitants for miles around, for the old gentleman was much respected in the locality. The service was conducted by the Rev. David Williams (a native of Glamorgan), minister of the church, assisted by the Rev. J.W. Hughes, vicar of Brynaman.

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 03 August 05 10:50 BST (UK) »
Greatly appeciated

Nigel